Extension Tube error?

D

Dappa44

Just started playing with extension tubes and got a few shots off, but now im getting an error "err01 communications between the camera and lens is faulty, please clean the lens contacts" ??

Im shooting in manual? any ideas.

What kind of lens mount is it, and do the tubes appear to extend all communication on the mount or just some of it?

I'd clean the contacts and check the battery

Im using a canon 400d, ive tried all the tubes individually and seperately with same error.

using with the kit lens, manual focus and set to manual.

Camera is picking up an f00 and settings are adjustable

been using the camera before i tried the tubes and no problems, battery charged from last night.

what make of tubes?

Try taping up the gold sensors in the rings and see if yo have a problem then.
Im not suggesting you use it like that forever ,but will tell you if it is the sensors thats the problem.

Have you tried to check if the lens ok without the tubes ?
I know it sounds like a dumb question.

Have you tried to check if the lens ok without the tubes ?
I know it sounds like a dumb question.

Not a dumb question at all.

You also need to check if you get the same error with the tubes and a different lens. Eliminate all possible reasons for error.

I only have the kit lens, but the lens when put back on its own is fine.

If they are the same as my Jessop extensions they have metal rods running through them that acually form the contacts at the ends if after cleaning all the contact surfaces it still don't work check the rods don't have anything between them causing a short between the rods because they are very close together.

rite ive had the same problem once, it was because the extension tube had clicked but obviously hadnt done enough for power to pass throw, try clicking it in then twisting it firmly when its in to make sure that little springy bit has gone fully down.

Dappa44 I have replied to your pm, if you are still having problems let me know and I am happy to refund/take back. Last thing I want is to sell something that does not work for you.

I did test them on my EOS 300 before selling and they worked fine.

I use Jessops tubes (not very often mind), and occasionally err01, usually after switching camera on/off, take tubes off/on it clears.

PM sent Kim,

ive tried everything above but still cant get 1 shot before the dreaded err01??
This error appears after every tube change, whether they are stacked or not.

Thanks for all the help btw ;)

Looks like i'll have to save for a macro lens :(

Back