External Monitor - 70D

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

I'm starting a documentary project next year and would like to know if it's possible to add an external monitor / screen / viewfinder..

I'm assuming yes as you can connect to ipads and phones but not sure if thats just through wifi.

Might seem I'm asking a silly question but I have looked online in a few places and not found the answer I'm looking for.

I will be getting a 5D mkii at some point next year so will be able to run it on that regardless would just be handy if I could do it on the 70D too.

Cheers

Grant

Hello,

I'm starting a documentary project next year and would like to know if it's possible to add an external monitor / screen / viewfinder..

I'm assuming yes as you can connect to ipads and phones but not sure if thats just through wifi.

Might seem I'm asking a silly question but I have looked online in a few places and not found the answer I'm looking for.

I will be getting a 5D mkii at some point next year so will be able to run it on that regardless would just be handy if I could do it on the 70D too.

Cheers

Grant
If it's got clean HDMI out, something like an Atomos Ninja Blade gives you ProRes or DNxHD recording, 5" screen and Audio and video monotoring.

Check to see what outputs the 7D has. You'll need an HDMI output. Don't worry if it's no clean HDMI if you only want to use it as an additional viewfinder.Have a look at the Lilliput monitors. Reasonably good and inexpensive.

Back