Extreme lengths

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just purchased a 2X extender for my Sigma 150-500, as invariably birds can always be just that bit too far away, and as they say you can never have too much reach. Obviously the biggest problem is keeping it steady and is a tripod only bit of kit, as this would be beyond even the excellent Sigma OS system.

Although a slight loss of quality, it is still pretty good, the first shot is of a stone owl at the bottom of my Garden. The second is Mr Scruffy, a Great Tit who is a regular visitor. The third shot is a Black Capped Warbler zoomed back in so an effective 300mm lens to give you some idea.

Img_1928.jpg

Img_1986.jpg

Img_1974.jpg

I dont think you can argue with those shots, very good for using a 2xTC.

I'm more than impressed with your results, as I've recently brought a 2xTC for my 150-500 and haven't tried it yet, looking forward to it now when the sun decides to shine :)

Ken, I've been using a Siggy 2x ext and 300mm 2.8 lens quite a bit just lately and results have been very reasonable but I really need good light when using this combo. If the light is on the dull side I mostly get flat images and can't do much with them even though I get AF.

Pretty decent results for a TC. I have a Canon 1.4 but never use it, don't like it. Even with the 100 - 400L, I notice a fair loss in quality. So, good effort(y)

Back