Eye contact

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_3716-edit-edit.jpg

Yesterday was hugely fun. We did a model shoot from about 12 to 6. 7 photographers and maybe 8 models. We only had one studio so some of us went outside to work. A guy across the road was very interested in watching. The models were nothing short of fantastic, and up for anything. I’m not kidding either. We found what looked like a shed that hadn’t been cleaned in 10 years. Full of cobwebs and very old bins. So one girl gets in and lies down on the bins! Fantastic shots though and I’m totally sold on natural light. I find studio work hard because its all about the pose. I don’t know how to position the models to look “cool”. However, outside it all seemed to work. We took turns holding the reflector and what a job it did. Even on a 18% grey overcast day. I couldn’t work out where this light was coming from but it was brilliant. I’m going to invest in a silver / gold reflector and something to hold it and somehow do more shoots. What better way to spend a Saturday than with 8 stunningly attractive girls getting to take lovely photos of them.

Camera: Canon 30D // Lens: Canon 24-70 // Exposure Mode: Manual exposure // Exposure Time: 1 / 100 // Flash: Flash did not fire // FNumber: 2.8 // Focal Length: 70mm

vanilla cykhdrShare This

More...

Oh it sounds like you had a good time...

Good shot. DoF suits it nicely.

(y) Really liking that Pete, the shallow DoF really works and the mono conversion is excellent. Its a bit cliched so probably to be avoided, but for some, that would be a great splash screen shot, or intro shot on a website. :clap:

Yeah it is a bit cliched, but she was stunning and I've been trying to get a really nice eye shot for a while. Its hard work on your own ;)

Superb, stunning eyes, do we get to see anymore from the day?

Oh yes. I'll be making my first posts in the nudie forum too :D

Great shot pete.
following on from comment of style a few threads ago, this is different, but still has some of your style. However, I'm not sure that if I saw the photo, I'd know it was one of yours. Others you can guess 'I bet thats one of Petes'

Thats understandable really. I think you can see it in my landscapes and cityscapes. When it comes to people I generally shoot B&W which is about as far as I've got with a style for that.

Stunning shot, absolutley stunning. :clap:
Congrats on the article in Digital SLR User as well(y)

Back