Eye-Fi wireless SD cards

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has used one of these cards?

Eye-Fi - www.eye.fi

As far as I know they are only available in America and Japan -

Does anyone know a UK distributer or has anyone imported one?

Would be interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks,

David B

I've never tried them, but Amazon UK have them.

Hi Guys -

thanks for the info. It's the PRO card that does RAW & this is just too expensive to justify at the moment. Plugging a USB lead into the camera or taking the the CF card out & then placing it in a card reader isn't `that' much of a hardship. Obviously geotagging is a nice feature but there are cheaper options - I'll wait until the price comes down!

My girlfriend on the other hand has gone for the cheaper SHARE card. She has a compact & the ability to upload to Facebook & Picassa from the camera `apparently' justifies the cost. Thanks AlanC350 - she bought it from this eBay shop - only ordered it today so it hasn't arrived yet - meaning I can't comment on the product yet.

Once again - thanks for your help

Just to resurrect an old thread, does anyone know if these can be used with Lightroom as a wireless 'tethered' shooting solution? If the pro version can, coupled with geotagging, it might be worth the cost

Check out a recent Lightroom Killer tips. Matt used the 4Gb pro version on a shoot importing into Lightroom.

I can see the point, having shot a lot of tethered work, and the cable can be a problem in small area. However is its worth the price tag? I don't know. Would be nice to see a CF version at some time

Back