Eye-One Display2 owners - noticed this bug ?

mrk

Edit My Images
No
Hello all, I have noticed that the calibration loader that loads at startup to set in place the calibration parameters/lut etc loads and you see the desktop colours change to calibrated colours but then within a split second it reverts back to uncalibrated mode!

I did some testing and replicated the issue manually by removing the startup entry in the start menu and manually running Logo Calibration loader, I noted that the calibrator loads calibrated settings then again within a split second reverts back to uncalibrated. To solve the issue for both instances you have to manually re-launch the calibration loader exe which will apply the calibrated settings and no issues after that until you restart windows and need to double-run the loader again!

I managed to fix this issue by having 2 startup entries, one in the HKLM.../run startup key to load the loader exe and another in the start menu startup folder. Having 2 copies in the start menu folder did not work as it only loaded it once so had to "double" run it from 2 different startup areas.

I know the actions above fixed the issue but just wondered if anyone else experienced this kind of issue? I'm using Eye-One match 3 (latest build) and am running Vista32. Monitor is connected via DVI (Hazro 24"). The fix above may be useful for others who may not yet have noticed that their calibration is loading but reverting at startup!

Looks like it may be a Vista issue. I have XP Pro and no problems at all

no issues on OSX but then again I dont use the software that comes with it anymore.

I had an identical issue with a Spyder2express, I traced the problem back to my graphics card and a program associated with it. Like you said, on start up the calibrated profile would load ok but switch back almost immediately. My problem was slightly more annoying because even if I manually re-launched the calibration exe, the same thing happened and it would revert back.
My graphics card is some kind of ATI Radeon and at some point I updated the drivers and downloaded a program which enabled me to make various changes to the settings on the card. I can't remember the name of this program but to cut a long story short removing this program sorted all the problems.

Hmm that's some good info for me to search on! I have an nvidia 8800GT and no other things load as far as I can see, I guess I ened to disable various nvidia startup entires to see though cheers!

haven't noticed that, also an 8800GT, I'll check it later

Back