Review F-stop Loka Adventure Camera Bag

If you're in a hurry I would go for the Loka, I think they've sold out of Tilopa BC's in Europe at the moment.

I would highly recommend the loka, the medium ICU will hold a lot but if you needed the large ICU all the time i'd be incline to go for the tilopa purely for the bigger straps etc (y)

that said, the loka with loaded large ICU (14kg of purely camera kit, weighed with nothing loaded in the top compartment) is extremely comfortable.

Last edited:
that said, the loka with loaded large ICU (14kg of purely camera kit, weighed with nothing loaded in the top compartment) is extremely comfortable.

I will definately agree, I have mine loaded with a similar amount and it is very comfortable, however if I felt this would be a regular occurrence I would have been tempted to buy the Tilopa BC.

Bearing this in mind, this is the great thing with F-stop bags, if you wanted something for a full blown expedition, you would buy the satori shell as well as the loka and share the ICUs, same if you wanted a small backpack for around town, you can get the guru shell and use it with your medium ICU.

I feel F-stop really allows you to create an all round system that is suitable for lots of different situations. They may seem very expensive but if you've just shelled out a few grand on camera kit, you may aswell spend £150-200 on something to carry it comfortably (y)

Jake

p.s Neil G, your original review was what got me interested in these bags, so thanks!

I'll be posting a Guru review on here soon, just got to get a few more weeks use before I review it, might do some initial thoughts though.

I'm hoping to order a Satori EXP to go with my small ICU for bigger trips.

jacob12_1993 said:
Looking forward to it mate, they are both on my wish list, the guru the most

Jake

Tbh if you already have a loka there's not much point in getting a Guru, there's not that much between them.

Last edited:
It's good for that, although I still go for a messenger style bag day to day, my comment was more based on it being a very similar sized bag to the Loka.

It's good for that, although I still go for a messenger style bag day to day, my comment was more based on it being a very similar sized bag to the Loka.

agreed, thats the reason i got the mala. the loka is a great pack for being out all day in an ourdoor environment where you need to carry everything (i.e. cant get back to the car etc) its a little big for reduced kit and/or around town it is a little "unfashionable" in a "why is that guy wearing a hiking pack in town" kinda way :LOL:

Ahh, maybe there is enough difference to the Guru then, I ended up going for it over the Loka because it was smaller and I prefer to travel lightly. Well that and the fat it was announced on the day I was going to order a Loka, so it was new & shiny! But I guess it doesn't look a hiking pack, but still keeps most of the features.

Interesting review, I must admit I've never heard of them before despite looking for this type of rucksac for ages - I've just managed to get hold of a Lowepro Primus AW that looks pretty promising especially as it has a quick access pocket although I haven't used it in the field yet - I'll certainly take a closer look at Loka though

thanks for posting the review

Simon

Interesting review, I must admit I've never heard of them before despite looking for this type of rucksac for ages - I've just managed to get hold of a Lowepro Primus AW that looks pretty promising especially as it has a quick access pocket although I haven't used it in the field yet - I'll certainly take a closer look at Loka though

thanks for posting the review

Simon

No problem mate, thanks a lot!

took delivery of my loka with a medium icu this morning and echo everything said before a fantastic bag with great build quality and well thought out design. interested in the new micro icu's!

on another note i recently also bought a crumpler prime mover bag, for when i just want to go out with the camera and say two lenses. again another great bag holds my 7d, gripped with a 70-200 f2.8 easily and the weight is well distrbuted on my shoulder. check it out a great stealth camera bag.

Back