Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
_DSF5571.jpg

_DSF5480.jpg

_DSF5578.jpg

_DSF5643.jpg

_DSF5650.jpg

Sorry, but I've never understood the fascination on these forums with posting pictures of captive birds (often tethered to someone's hand or post) and then other people raving about them.
Shouldn't these shots be in the zoo forum?
The only vaguely laudable shot here is the Harris Hawk in flight.

Sorry, but I've never understood the fascination on these forums with posting pictures of captive birds (often tethered to someone's hand or post) and then other people raving about them.

Uh :thinking: The last time I looked I thought they were birds!!!! perhaps I should put my Kites in pets then and they come when I call them !!!:LOL:

I don't see the problem with it myself.

These are working birds, much the same way as no one sees a problem with working dogs.

Lovely shots of lovely creatures,i can see where chris is coming from but i might add that a lot of falconry birds are reared from chicks who have not got a mother to do it,
regards,
john.

My point is, that they're captive.
Taking a photo of a bird tied to post or tethered to someone's hand is about as taxing as turning the camera on.
Reproduce images like this, legally, of wild birds and your photos are worthy of review otherwise, why bother?

My point is, that they're captive.
Taking a photo of a bird tied to post or tethered to someone's hand is about as taxing as turning the camera on.
Reproduce images like this, legally, of wild birds and your photos are worthy of review otherwise, why bother?

because sometimes, that the only way some of us can see them.... let alone photograph them :|

Love no 3! :)

Last edited:
Like the first the best,

And as for is this the correct section, would say yes, the discription of this section:

A place to share your photos of all the birds and winged animals of the world.

I was simply commenting on the bird, nothing to do with composition as such, just praising the guy for showing off what wonderfull birds they are (y)

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended, but I find any form of captive animal - unless for conservation purposes - offensive and do not understand the desire to get "cooing admiration" for poor pictures of said animals just a little bizarre.

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended, but I find any form of captive animal - unless for conservation purposes - offensive and do not understand the desire to get "cooing admiration" for poor pictures of said animals just a little bizarre.

As a forum open to all and sundry and a tool for improving our photogrpahy I personally think your posts are completely out of order. I appreciate you have your views and thats fine but as a forum that is trying to promote all members to give constructive criticism what do they actually add??

In terms of the photo's I like number 1 as I find it difficult to catch birds in flight...

As a forum open to all and sundry and a tool for improving our photogrpahy I personally think your posts are completely out of order. I appreciate you have your views and thats fine but as a forum that is trying to promote all members to give constructive criticism what do they actually add??

In terms of the photo's I like number 1 as I find it difficult to catch birds in flight...

They add the opinion of someone who cares deeply about the natural world.
If I included my critique of the photos it would only rub salt into the wound.

Your final comment has added nothing to the subject and certainly cannot be construed as constructive criticism or, indeed, criticism of any kind.

Chris,

As someone who likes the natural world then I can only think that you must hate anyone that has an animal in captivity.?

I am against wild animals that have been captured, don't get me wrong but when they have been bred in captivity, and have nothing but the best, and I mean the best, surely this is NOT WRONG:shrug:

But as we all say each to their own opinion and I am not getting into an arguement about this.

This is a photography forum and we all take the best opportunities we can to get up close and personal with these animals, and to better our photography, this is the only chance some of us get, (unless like me you have had the opportunity to go to Kenya on safari and see it for real)

Last edited:
If some animals/birds etc were NOT in captivity, then there would be none in the wild.
Don't see a problem with the OPs post myself.

If some animals/birds etc were NOT in captivity, then there would be none in the wild.
Don't see a problem with the OPs post myself.

Read the my comments again - in particular where I said:

I'm genuinely sorry if I've offended, but I find any form of captive animal - unless for conservation purposes - offensive.

If I included my critique of the photos it would only rub salt into the wound.

Firstly, what wound? Your opinion on if these birds should be in captivity has little interest to me, so hardly wounding.

Secondly, I post pictures on this site to get some critique. So feel free to constructively criticise.

Love the first one Paul - well done.

For what it's worth 'Falconry' (your title) is hardly going to consist of 'wild' birds.

Last edited:
Back