Falklands Aircraft

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some of my shots taken on my 14 week tour in the Falkland Islands.

These first two are from a low flying Hercules sortie I went on, it was a lot of fun and these things get really low!

Low Flying Herc by Sean Morgan[/size]

Fat Alberts Rear by Sean Morgan[/size]

The next few are from a Sea King trip I went on. Me and a work colleague did some engine work for the SAR Sqn and they rewarded us with a 45 min trip around West Falkland visiting some battle sites.

Sea King by Sean Morgan[/size]

Navigation by Sean Morgan[/size]

Observation by Sean Morgan[/size]

Really good shots, they bring back good memories. Did any eyebrows get raised as you pointed the camera at the front of the Typhoon?

Regards,

Cheesy

Thanks for looking. No 1 was a total non keeper buts thanks to the magic if Camera RAW I managed to bring it back to life.

Not one eyebrow raised at all cheesy, it's surprisingly relaxed down there and there's visits galore to the section. There's nothing in the shot you shouldn't see anyway (y)

Really enjoyed theses. Love the colours too.

Wondered where you'd been! All good shots, but #1 is fantastic.

Wondered where you'd been! All good shots, but #1 is fantastic.

Yeah got back at the end of Nov then had a massive Christmas leave. Was a good tour tho if not a bit like ground hog day.

What a fabulous set! I'd rather be looking at these than be stuck in the Falklands though!

Thanks (y) its not that bad a place tho and theres definitely worse places to go :LOL:

Very nice set......
my favorite are 1, 2 and 7

Thanks, glad you like them (y)

Just out interest are you an officer? Just think if me being AB Joe Bloggs rocked up I would get asked to leave :)

danny842003 said:
Just out interest are you an officer? Just think if me being AB Joe Bloggs rocked up I would get asked to leave :)

No not an officer just an engineer. I work on 3(F)SQN at RAF Coningsby. I was in the in the Falklands working in 1435 FLT which is also Typhoons. The Herc and Sea King trips I went on welcomed us to take photos, as did our section when we had visitors.

Absolutely cracking shots

No 1 for me though not by much as they are all excellent

I like them all, some of the best photographs published on here for a long time.
Well done.

Really interesting shots as from the cockpit etc. rather than of a plane in flight.
Lucky man to have that access, comes with the job.

#1 is an amazing amazing photograph ! Very well done here

Has some great character

#1 is an amazing amazing photograph ! Very well done here

Has some great character

Thanks David (y)

superb, the pp on these is amazing, want to share what you did to them

Yeah no worries. They are all processed in Camera RAW and the majority of them have just had the highlights lowered quite considerably and the shadows boosted. This gives the sort of 'flat' look to them and brings out the detail in the sky. Then its a bit of clarity and levels adjustments in PS as required.

The Sea King is a double processed shot, one for the sky and one for the foreground.

The last shot has obviously had the most done to it, all the above to start with plus quite a lot of contrast and some hefty dodging and burning.

Great stuff.

Really good of you to share views that most of us will never get to see.

Fav has to be in the Herc cockpit.

Dav

I particularly like 2 and 3. For me the aircraft acts as a frame for the runway, the only 'moving' object. A really flip from a normal helicopter shot.

I take it 3 is shot from low down?

jsstevo said:
I particularly like 2 and 3. For me the aircraft acts as a frame for the runway, the only 'moving' object. A really flip from a normal helicopter shot.

I take it 3 is shot from low down?

Thanks for looking. Yeah #3 was low down, no more than a 200ft ish

Back