Falls of Bruar - long exposures within

SCM

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Had another day out with the B+W ND 3.0 filter at the Falls of Bruar at Bruar which is just outside Blair Atholl and due to more rainy weather the falls were in spate so made for a good shoot.

3893410685_df9ab5957e.jpg

3894200850_5d900370ae.jpg

3. Black and white version of 2 for a contrast

3893412625_fb1781dcfc.jpg

3894203200_462bb8bcfe.jpg

5. Black and white version of 4 again for a contrast

3894204886_b5f59ac220.jpg

Enjoy :)

SCM

At 500 pixels wide they are too small to view comfortably.

No 2 looks like the strongest composition and a little time spent in PP filling in the blown highlights would be worthwhile.

I dont have access to my usual hosting at moment as not got cash to renew it so stuck with flickrs stupidity of reducing size of photos. I need to improve my PS work so will keep on learning to correct issues as they are spotted :)

No.2 for me but reduce the exposure a little next time keeping the silky look but lessen the blown areas.

I dont have access to my usual hosting at moment as not got cash to renew it so stuck with flickrs stupidity of reducing size of photos. I need to improve my PS work so will keep on learning to correct issues as they are spotted :)

Try Photbucket. Its free.

Good set. Are there any 'blown' areas, apart from the water? Presumably you used some kind of HDR, which has picked up on the light tones in the rocks.

Will look into photobucket today and no HDR was used just due to the long exposures and the amount of water flowing was hard to avoid the water looking blown. As to the rocks was probably me tweaking too in PS which i can revisit and tone down looking over the photos again this morning.

Back