Fancy a trip to Siberia in January?

Edit My Images
No
I am looking to do the 'Road of Bones' trip Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Magadan. The World’s Coldest Road Trip in Winter.
2 days in Yakutsk. 7 days on Stalin’s Road of Bones (Kolyma Hwy). 3 days in Oymyakon. Extra time in Magadan.

-50C or less. In a warm van. Visiting reindeer herders, horse breeders, and ice fishermen. We can also try seeing Gulags.

The idea is simple. We take a car and drive the 2000-km winter road!

It needs 4 of us to make it cost effective, the trip is cost sharing and starts middle of January.

Any interest?????

Did you see the episode 'Road of Bones' on BBC series 'World's most Dangerous Roads' with Ed Byrne and Andy Parsons ?

A harrowing story but an amazing place.

[YOUTUBE]KMsZTp3NMHM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Steve-T said:
I am looking to do the 'Road of Bones' trip Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Magadan. The World’s Coldest Road Trip in Winter.
2 days in Yakutsk. 7 days on Stalin’s Road of Bones (Kolyma Hwy). 3 days in Oymyakon. Extra time in Magadan.

-50C or less. In a warm van. Visiting reindeer herders, horse breeders, and ice fishermen. We can also try seeing Gulags.

The idea is simple. We take a car and drive the 2000-km winter road!

It needs 4 of us to make it cost effective, the trip is cost sharing and starts middle of January.

Any interest?????

Sounds amazing! Dont think I will have the time but I wish I did.

dinners said:
Did you see the episode 'Road of Bones' on BBC series 'World's most Dangerous Roads' with Ed Byrne and Andy Parsons ?

A harrowing story but an amazing place.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsZTp3NMHM">YouTube Link</a>

It was also on The Long Way Round with Charlie Borman and Ewan McGregor.

I would love to come but my current contract ends in Jan :(

Back