Farmers "Field of dreams"

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope you don't mind me offering another for critique. This was taken the same day as "Fly Fishing" and "Dam Wall". Very bright early morning sun made this a lovely view and I just had to get a shot, at which point I was stopped by the local gamekeeper who thought I was out poaching grey partridge. Apparently rare or to these parts anyway. He also caught up with me further into my journey and asked if I'd take a picture of the landscape including his farm, alas these have not turned out well but will try the B/W thing on them too and see what comes of them.
Anyway this shot once again is pants in colour and was dissapointed when I got home because I'd hoped for this one as it was such a nice scene. So again tried B/W and think it's nice and definately nicer than the colour.
Taken with the 28-70.
ISO 100
F8
1/125 sec
Field_of_dreams.jpg

Ken.

Our native Grey Partridge is indeed fairly rare now Ken. The imported 'Frenchies' or Red Legged variety have thrived at their expense though everywhere, much the same situation as with the Red and Grey Squirrels. Useless bit of info for you from my game shooting days. ;)

I like your shot a lot mate. :icon_cool I'd just get rid of that bit of white cloud at the top - just right of centre.

It's a very pleasant, relaxing image.

By way of critique I would lose some sky and add to the foreground for two reasons;

1. The horizon splits the scene in two.
2. I think more of the hay rolls, or whatever they're called( :stupid: ) would add to the forground interest.

I think a bit more contrast would also enhance the shot.

On the plus side I do think the conversion to mono works well and the angle of the hay rolls ( :icon_redf ) lead the eye beautifully to the well positioned tree in the right third.

Very nice shot.

CT said:
Our native Grey Partridge is indeed fairly rare now Ken. The imported 'Frenchies' or Red Legged variety have thrived at their expense though everywhere, much the same situation as with the Red and Grey Squirrels. Useless bit of info for you from my game shooting days. ;)

I like your shot a lot mate. :icon_cool I'd just get rid of that bit of white cloud at the top - just right of centre.
Fountain of knowledge CT. as always. Noticed the cloud after I put it up. See below.
Garnock said:
It's a very pleasant, relaxing image.

By way of critique I would lose some sky and add to the foreground for two reasons;

1. The horizon splits the scene in two.
Thanks Garnock, I appreciate your advice. I did try a crop as you suggested before posting this, as I thought the picture would look stronger with the tree on the upper third intersection. It was just a quick look and I may not have cropped correctly but, it just didn't seem to look right, however it would have killed 2 birds with one stone (not grey partridge) by eliminating the cloud CT. refers to as well.
The scene reminded me of an old western, although the morning sun was very bright, there was a lot of haze around. The ground was very dry and dusty so in processing this, I decided to leave it a little soft to try and reflect this.
Really was a nice scene, just a field of gold.
Thanks again.
Ken.

it is a great shot, i had wanted to try something like this, but TBH i dont think i will get anything like this, so not going to bother!

Great shot that works well in black and white, I think that it is a bit flat though, a bit more contrast to get a true white may help.

Thanks all for the feedback.
EosD said:
it is a great shot, i had wanted to try something like this, but TBH i dont think i will get anything like this, so not going to bother!
go on, be a devil.
Here are some others I had done....1 2 3

Back