Favourite subject and why?

Roe deer at the moment. There's a small herd near my house and I have been enjoying watching their progress over the last couple of months.

Wild birds, smaller the better. Goldcrest, Firecrest, Yellow Browed and Hulmes Leaf warbler.

Debatable whether it's birds, or whether these are my favourite, probably because I just find them a challenge to get decent shots of...
The Short Tailed Vole....

Scotland for me.

I can't pin it down but there's so much be it landscape or wildlife that just gives me a buzz.

Whatever shows up! Though like the OP I do have a soft spot for squirrels.

Magpies at the moment, just seem to be impossible to pin down.

I popped this out my office windows this morning at about 7am

Any insect! Very hard to get good pictures of them as you may have seen with some of the pictures I put on here! The things just won't stay still. They are full of colour and more often than not they usually eating another insect.

I love wild boar late autumn, they are so big yet so timid, frightening too. Winter coats are through and finding them is easy, once the acrons fall that is ;)
In the winter it is the buzzards, if you can lure them down, watch their pecking order, they fight and quarrel. Brilliant birds to watch of you can.
The red squirrels were good fun too this year, I need to try to get them on the same perch as the buzzards ;)
Spring is roe deer time, from winter coat mouting to summer and velvet falling from antlers.
Summer is, well, tick, horse fly and mosquito time... here at least. So not much happens ;)

Horses, Especially heavies as I love them (shires / clydes etc.)

And reptiles, esecially leopard geckos and royal pythons

Im happy to photograph anything. But Ospreys, kingfishers and barn owls. Watching or photographing.

Labyrinth Spider is my favourite, get loads of funnel shaped webs this time of year with ole spidey lurking just inside. This lucky lady has lunch :

5799240977_534e956306_b.jpg

Birds! Except that they are very difficult to capture, particularly in flight.

Otherwise, it would have to be insects.

Back