Feathers and Flight...a Walk.

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
I went for a walk around Newmillerdam today. I needed to get out of the house, early finish from work, and decided to take my camera out for the last couple of hours of light.
I was highly un-mused for anything landscape-y even though I did try, it just wasnt working. Even tho there was still a frost.
So I decided to try my hand at taking some of the ducks instead. As the light began to fade, the ISO had to go up....but here are some of the images, and first time taking them! So please CC welcome... but be gentle. LOL

2108438213_4f9e496473_b.jpg

#2 - Possibly my Favourite
2108439487_389c6116f6_b.jpg

#3 - slightly oof, but I love the ripples at the bottom of the duck!
2109217692_4e2e36af98.jpg

#5 - The feathers, the reflection and the way you can see his foot! hehe.
2109218558_42ba8bcc39_b.jpg

#6 - Morning Major! Mr Magpie....the light was starting to go!
2108442591_1580079910_b.jpg

#7 - Mr Robin!
2109219642_586e235642_b.jpg

The twig behind him distracts me I may clone it out later. He was sat there, and he let me take his photo [bad angle] then move and take another one before he flew away.
They're such posers!
Just realised Mr Robin, is oof too LOL Oops

Just love the background in #1 Adele ;) Nice set.

Wow great pics.
Number 5 is my favourite.(y)

Thank you. I quite liked number five, because of the reflections, but also because you could see "under" the water,

Colours in 1 are superb, No.3 is my favourite, the ripples are very very good !!

Thank you. I think my focusing may have been a little off. LOL. To get the ripples to look like that. But that is why I like the picture.

Still No2 is my favourite because you can see all the beads of water still on the duck. :)

Not so sure your focusing is off, looks more like a combination of camera shake and motion blur running through these, good effort though in poor light (y)

Thanks DD, I'd have probably got a bit of a higher shutter speed, if I'd have gone upto ISO 1600, but I was aware that if I needed to tightly crop any of them then the noise would be more visable...
The robin, silly me, only had it at ISO 100 and it was a grab shot before he flew off again, as I'd been chasing him about for 10minutes!

And the squirrel ran off as soon as I pointed the camera at him!

Back