Featureless

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
For the first time in a long while I managed to get out with the camera today. I'd planned on a dawn start but slept through my alarm, the photograph I had in mind wasn't mean to be. We headed down to Aberafan beach around midday (yep, whole heartedly expecting the light to be crap, it was) for a wander around and hopefully to rescue something from todays plans. I came away with the following...

Featureless

I've called it featureless because the sky is bland, there's not much going on in the beach and the processing has been pushed so hard that a lot of the detail has been lost too. However, it's a bit of an oxymoron as there's plenty of industrial features left which make the image along with a dog walker on the beach. Appreciate it's not to everybody's taste but it's what I had in mind having sat on the beach wondering what I was going to do with myself when we got there.

James

That's an interesting one. :naughty:

I dislike sloping horizons intensely and this one is so gross. However I note that the crane verticals are vertical so I'm a bit confused! I wonder if the pier does actually slope that much.

TBH the dog walker is virtually invisible. If it was your intention to include a human figure on the beach I think it would have to have been a completely separate element. A higher viewpoint might have worked if there was one or a drone.

I remember you responding to my photo of the steel works recently and I have just uploaded a blog post about it if you are interested!

https://wp.me/p2BFlt-13u

That's an interesting one. :naughty:

I dislike sloping horizons intensely and this one is so gross. However I note that the crane verticals are vertical so I'm a bit confused! I wonder if the pier does actually slope that much.

TBH the dog walker is virtually invisible. If it was your intention to include a human figure on the beach I think it would have to have been a completely separate element. A higher viewpoint might have worked if there was one or a drone.

I remember you responding to my photo of the steel works recently and I have just uploaded a blog post about it if you are interested!

https://wp.me/p2BFlt-13u
It's bang on square (I used the spirit level on the tripod and confirmed in PS), the beach slopes so that's what maybe causing the illusion.

In terms of the walker, yeah, you're right. The whole image was very much an exercise in getting back out with the camera but silk purse and sows ear comes to mind.

I'll take a look at your blog post, thanks for sharing.

James

Back