Feedback on website...

PAS

Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys
looking for ways to improve my website, thoughts and ideas appreciated!!
www.paspixx.com hosted on webs.com
thanks(y)

That tiny image on your home page is over half a megabyte in size. If you convert it for the web you'll probably get it down to around 20K in size, a massive difference. It'll speed up your home page too.

Ditch the counter, it's so last year. Why do you want your visitors to see the hit counter? If stats are important to you then get Google Analytics installed.

You don't generally need a home page link, most people expect your logo to be the link back to the home page these days, but it's up to you. Personally I'd ditch it.

Apart from that it's a fairly minimal website. Seems to load and perform fairly quickly (apart from the image on the home page).

It's actually not too bad. The design needs work, it's a bit bland.

That should get the ball rolling :)

That tiny image on your home page is over half a megabyte in size. If you convert it for the web you'll probably get it down to around 20K in size, a massive difference. It'll speed up your home page too.

Ditch the counter, it's so last year. Why do you want your visitors to see the hit counter? If stats are important to you then get Google Analytics installed.

You don't generally need a home page link, most people expect your logo to be the link back to the home page these days, but it's up to you. Personally I'd ditch it.

Apart from that it's a fairly minimal website. Seems to load and perform fairly quickly (apart from the image on the home page).

It's actually not too bad. The design needs work, it's a bit bland.

That should get the ball rolling :)

thanks, it was just a webs template i used for the basic design, my first website.
the homepage link is standard on the page i think, but will look into changing it. and will look to sort the homepage picture, and ditch the counter.

any more comments?

anything else that could be added, to make it better?(y)
cheers

I'm on superJanet and it took ages to load
the students are all away too...
it's very slow
the banner has nothing in it...something dynamic would be handy
the opening image too is now too small for the confinement and is expanded by the browser. so it looks odd

I'm on superJanet and it took ages to load
the students are all away too...
it's very slow
the banner has nothing in it...something dynamic would be handy
the opening image too is now too small for the confinement and is expanded by the browser. so it looks odd

Hi, sorry but it is not slow? anything but....

what would u suggest for the banner? and i tried to make the picture smaller for web, but im going to change it anyway.
thanks

It's all about space - we dont like a lot of scrolling these days. My opinion is that you use a lot of space to show not very much. A good 20% of your main page space is taken up with a sidebar with merely 4 links. Why not place these links horizontally under the banner and utilise the sidebar space better to reduce scrolling down.

As has been said, you really should come up with some graphics for the banner - maybe a logo at least.

If you are trying to sell through your website (by advertising prices etc. I assume you are...) you really should have a means of ordering through your website. Suppose I really like one of your pictures and I want to buy it, I have to email you with what I want, wait for you to reply with details of payment (where to send cheque or bank transfer to etc.) and then do that. It's a lot of work when you could just code in a paypal option in the gallery.

Nothing wrong with the tracks & events page - I'm all for concise information.

Links pages are iffy - if you are trying to sell through your website, the last thing you want to do is put a long list of interesting websites to take users away from your own.

Finally, I don't like all the scrolling on the pictures pages, also, 318 in the first gallery I looked at... could you trim it down to the best 50? I know there are different people in each shot, but many are of the same person.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi, sorry but it is not slow? anything but....

what would u suggest for the banner? and i tried to make the picture smaller for web, but im going to change it anyway.
thanks

tried it again today and it is a lot quicker
could have been a lazy connection at work

something in the banner would be good still
an anonymous action filled crop of a bike part on the move...something with colour in it

Websites all changed now, just need to try something in the banner, and change the homepage image.:D

is it any better/worse than before?:shrug:

and thanks for all the help so far:D

Back