Female Blackcap

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Out of the Blue she decided to make a closer appearence, taking me by surprise as I was concentrating on the Ltt`s so had to go with the camera settings that were already dialed in. I was surprised how much bigger it was at closer quarters, also whilst the feathers seem to have a fairly dull look to them, the chest feathers really glisten if they catch the light. Thanks for looking.
PS. I am thinking I should maybe clone out the top piece of branch in #2 :thinking:

IMG_2517.jpg

Blackcap.jpg

Last edited:
Nice captures Rich (y) you do not see many blackcap shots - I get a few in the garden but they never seem to come out of the thick bushes.
I think I agree about taking the top of the branch out in #2.

Two really good shots. The light in the first one is spot on.

I agree two nice shots Rich (y), No1 for me.

Gordon

Two good shots Rich, for me I dont think the branch makes any difference, its not distracting, and cloning could possibly make it worse. The lighting has made a big difference to the overall colours especially to her cap. Well done for catching this, not a bird thats accommodating when it comes to being photographed :nono: Cheers (y)

Thanks all for the comments, at least it is another one to tick off the list. Here is another one of her, again note the way the light is reflecting off of those feathers :bang: Actualy one of the hardest birds I have had to deal with in PP. Maybe if I had time to change a few settings things might have looked better :shrug:

IMG_2527.jpg

Caught on the hop with the wrong settings , but you don't always have the luxury of a lot of time - sometimes you just gotta go for it.:shrug:

Still nice shots though Rich and it looks like you're going to get plenty of other chances.

In fairness Ken, the female and juvenile heads can look quite ginger in bright sunlight. :nono:

LOL,,, it's that stuff that comes in summer, and makes whites whiter and humans pink. :LOL:

Caught on the hop with the wrong settings , but you don't always have the luxury of a lot of time - sometimes you just gotta go for it.:shrug:

Still nice shots though Rich and it looks like you're going to get plenty of other chances.
Thats the good thing Ced`s you know you need to go back and have another try at it, but you just never know when the next chance will come along, ta for the comments.
The head looks a bit too orange to me, unless she's just had a hairdo :LOL:
Cheers Ken, I might well go back on another edit with that last shot, but in my defence :D My ass is covered by Franks statement :banana::banana: ;)
In fairness Ken, the female and juvenile heads can look quite ginger in bright sunlight. :nono:

Thanks Frank, I did not know that :LOL:

Back