Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
050914_1845w.jpg

050821_1246w.jpg

050914_1832w.jpg

Not necessarily in that order :)

Over the past few months I've been processing old shots that I never got round to doing, so I'm going to occasionally and randomly put some up here.

These three were august and september last year. :)

Comments and rotten tomatoes duly accepted :)

To be honest (which is what you want, right? :p) the first two do nothing for me. The first does more for me than the second but they are both... boring. I dont know why you took the second one but it just doesnt have any punch - you know what I mean?

The last one however, that is special - I like the way it has depth to the image, I love that atmostphere of the damp steps and the autumnal colours rock. Its a shame you cant see a path or something at the top or bottom (a destination as such) but I dont think that detracts from the enjoyment :)

I like that a lot! :D

As above I am afraid in respect of 1 & 2 :thumbsdown: . But number 3 is very nice. I like the colours and the viewpoint. (y)

Third for me too, theres definately something about that image. I really like the texture in the first image too but can't help thinking that the trees should be moved slightly away from the centre of the frame.
Like the mown/unmown foreground in the bottom third of the second image (am sure that sentence almost made sense before I started to type LoL) but not the background.
Love the third though :clap:

Thanks for the comments guys :clap:

It's OK not to like them :D I'd rather have honest opinions, and I'm not likely to go off in a huff if they're not full of praise :p ;)

Anyway, the first one, when I took it, I took it as a silhouette in mind, but nothing else. Hadn't even thought of B&W at the time, so I decided on all that at processing time.

The second one, was one of those walking-along..."ooooh" ...quick click snaps.
I just saw it and took it. She stood out (well, not stood :p), because it didn't look right, her just sat there on this chair in the middle of the grass, all on her own. With jeans on too, so she couldn't have been sunbathing..lol I included the fence for some foreground interest and to lead the eye up to the woman....spose I didn't really 'pull it off' though. I didnt really notice much about it until I was sifting through my shots, and when I saw it I thought "that might be worth processing".

If everyone else thinks it's boring, then I'll leave it out of the website :D

The third, this was taken at Healey Dell last year (rememember I showed Jonny the place last month).
These are the steps you take to get down to the water.
If you notice at the top right of the image, theres a green railing...well it didn't look too photogenic so I tried to not include it.

Once again, thanks for the honest comments (y)

I can see what you where trying to achieve with the second now you've said that, its the sort of thing I try all the time and also never pull off, different lens or something I always think:shrug: ...longer perhaps, or from the air. :D

I like number one, great mood with the black and white. Number three is my favourite also, love the comp and contrast in colours and textures...nice. (y)

I like no1, I think if you could see more of what I pressume to be a rickety old fence, silhouetted against the sky, it would have given it that extra bit of oomph but, I still like it.

No2 leaves me cold, flat, dead as a Dodo! (sorry!)

No3 ... oooh I lurrrrve this one! As already said youve captured the dark atmosphere & the dampness on those well worn steps against the colourful autumn leaves, beautifully. Just love it!

Have similar steps leading to a church on a hill near me, Ive often thought of photographing them but thought they lacked something, now I know what it is... its those leaves. Ill go back in a couple of weeks and if I come back with anything near the quality of that Marcel, Ill be dead chuffed!

like the steps best, just works well for me

I rather like no.1!

Conversely to everyone else, 3 doesn't really do anything for me.
See what you were trying with 2, but... Yeah.

But I really do like 1. The shapes of the trees, the marginal fence line...
Compositionally it's risky, but for me it all fits togethor rather nicely.

As an aside, to my own tastes all of your shots (not just these) are waaaay oversharpened - that really is just personal pref. though :)

Back