Ferrari 308 GTSi

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
My bro bought this earlier in the year and not really had chance to shoot it - I have never really shot a car before so off we went, my mate is a photographer aswell so between us we had 4 bodies, 5 Speedlites, triggers stands and filters etc.
Well, we both only used one body and 1 lens, haha, very, very cold on location so we just waited for the light and these are mine !
6t9q5487.jpg

6t9q5491.jpg

6t9q5525.jpg

He is going to stick me on the insurance for a couple of days next Summer so will have a read up and look at others work before then !

Lovely backdrop - I would have turned the wheels the other way though so that the alloy was facing you as opposed to the tyre :)

+ 1

Location's great, colour temp looks a bit cold which might be the look you were going for but maybe the car needs a separate treatment, partial desat perhaps.

i dont agree with gfwilliams i think the wheels are spot on mate

There's no law but in terms of car photography you're also disagreeing with convention :)

Last edited:
Number one for me by far(although perhaps clone the stake out on the left), don't like the composition on two, too much dead space above the car IMHO.

Agree with Ghost about number three looking like a model. No idea why though. Maybe something to do with the background, still a nice shot though.

i also think wheels should have been turned the other way, also 3 does look very much like a model! :confused:

The last pic looks like a scale model.

Love the 1st pic and the wheels are against the grain but suit the photo.

Very nice set and a wicked car when ever I take photographs of my car I stand back and think of the angel I am stand to the car or the back drop and what I am wanting to include in the photograph. I do sort of agree about turning the wheels the other way so you have the wheel face in the picture but it is also good to have the trye as it can show how wide the wheels are.

DoF on No3 makes it look like a toy car - looks surreal!!

No2 is too tightly cropped for my liking.

No1 is awesome; great location, stunning light and a beautiful beautiful car in a colour that you don't see that often on that model.

I want to say i like them as there isnt really anything wrong with them, but there is something niggling me that i cant put my finger on. It maybe that they look like models ( in all the pics but especially the last). Maybe its that they are different to conventional car photography (which is certainly no bad thing).
I say work on making them look less like a model and they'll be tip top.

Back