Festival of Speed 2021

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
FoS was part of the Events Research Programme this year, which meant being tested/vaccinated to get in, and then once in everything would be as 'normal'. Given how long we've been in various states at lockdown it felt fantastic (and not uncomfortable, as I expected) to enjoy a completely 'normal' day.

A few from my favourite part of the day, 7am-8am in the paddock whilst it's nice and quiet...

FoS 2021 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

An excellent set.
Beautifully processed - a filmic quality, depth of colour without being garish. Is that something that you have developed?

Yeah I was never happy with my editing but 3 or 4 years ago after FoS I nailed the look I was after, saved the edits as my own presets (one for track and one for paddock) and they've been the same ever since. 2000 photos worked through in a couple of hours last night, winner!

Fantastic bud.

How did you get so close on the hill runs?

12 years of looking for the best angles! Pretty much all of these were taken towards the top near the Rally Stage entrance, it's much quieter up there too. All from public positions.

Unfortunately they moved the barrier back a few feet this year which meant it was the most difficult year for photography since I started attending. I'll need to explore more again next year.

12 years of looking for the best angles! Pretty much all of these were taken towards the top near the Rally Stage entrance, it's much quieter up there too. All from public positions.

Unfortunately they moved the barrier back a few feet this year which meant it was the most difficult year for photography since I started attending. I'll need to explore more again next year.
I must say, the barriers were a bit irritating but I will share a few of my snaps a bit later :p

Stunning set of images, I wish I had an eye like this (y)

Absolutely top drawer, can't pick a favourite they're all excellent. Lovely processing too.

Yeah I was never happy with my editing but 3 or 4 years ago after FoS I nailed the look I was after, saved the edits as my own presets (one for track and one for paddock) and they've been the same ever since. 2000 photos worked through in a couple of hours last night, winner!
I have to say I REALLY like the processing and have tried for some time to develop something similar but as yet haven't succeeded. It's driving me mad but I will continue to try as I really like it (y)

I would say these are the best "motorsport" photos ive ever seen. Right up my street. Thanks. I live in awe of taking shots as good as those.

Great set. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be the flying "Landy" (#8).

I would say these are the best "motorsport" photos ive ever seen. Right up my street. Thanks. I live in awe of taking shots as good as those.

That's very kind. I really should put some effort into taking it a bit further, but, I think I enjoy it too much to try and turn it into a job, if that makes sense!

Back