Few shots from the contax 167MT and zeiss 50mm

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all

Got a few ive shot quite recently with my Contax 167MT with the zeiss 50mm f1.7 T*

These were all shot on Rollei Retro 100 pretty much wide open

Devved in Rodinal

1)
Scan-110609-0020.jpg

2)
Scan-110609-0019.jpg

3)
Scan-110609-0013.jpg

4)
Scan-110609-0003.jpg

5)
Scan-110608-0009.jpg

The negs are a little scratched and have drying marks on them, i havent had time to photoshop these out

Enjoy :)

Looks very sharp indeed, those zeiss lenses are living up to their reputation. The film looks nice and fine grained too.

The lens itself is razor sharp, my eyesight isnt unfortunately and the camera has no dioptric compensation so they are all a little bit off.
I was impressed at the film as well, for £2 a roll you cant go wrong with it, very forgiving and finely grained :)

The lens itself is razor sharp, my eyesight isnt unfortunately and the camera has no dioptric compensation so they are all a little bit off.
I was impressed at the film as well, for £2 a roll you cant go wrong with it, very forgiving and finely grained :)

It's also got a rather soft emulsion, compared to more modern formulations. It's certainly a film that I try and leave overnight as a minimum before starting cutting it up and scanning it, just to allow the emulsion to dry out thoroughly. First roll of it, I made the mistake of rushing things, and managed to scratch the bejasus out of a couple of strips :(

It's also got a rather soft emulsion, compared to more modern formulations. It's certainly a film that I try and leave overnight as a minimum before starting cutting it up and scanning it, just to allow the emulsion to dry out thoroughly. First roll of it, I made the mistake of rushing things, and managed to scratch the bejasus out of a couple of strips :(

Would using a hardener in the developing process make any difference to this? i only use ilford rapid fixer but i have heard they do one with hardener

I've not tried it, tbh - I discovered Acros 100 and pretty much stopped using any other slow smooth B&W film :shrug:

Looks like my eyes need testing too. You are right and they are oof! ;)

I was having a look around Silverprint's website and just happened to notice that with Ilford Hypam, it says Ilford no longer actually makes the hardener although you can use other hardeners with it.

Back