ffordes

Name
Peter Barber
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Folks

Just wanted to let you know that ffordes seem to be selling alot of ex demo Manfrotto tripods and stuff at some decent enough prices.

Looked at those last week - unless you are able to pick up or are buying expensive stuff the cost of the postage becomes very prohibitive (on 190/055 tripods the cost delivered is pretty close to new prices delivered from Morris photo

Not really. I have just bought a Manfrotto 468RC2 Head (£99.00) and a Lowepro Dryzone Rover (£99.00). Postage £7.50. Sounds good to me. Both ex demo but like new. (y)

The head is usually £165.00 at most places (Calumet £249.00!!!!! God knows how they are selling it at that price). The cheapest price I could find the bag anywhere was Fotosense who would have done it for £155.00 + postage.

I think you are probably looking at the postage price estimate on their site which scared me a bit. When I rang they quoted £7.50 and that is what I paid.

Chris :)

Just got a very decent ex demo 808rc4 head from them. Ordered very late Thursday pm, arrived Sat am as advised at normal postage rates. Polite helpful service, couldn't ask for more.

Can I ask what they charged for postage.

As I was quoted £25 for postage for a bag, which is bloody expensive.

Last edited:
I got a Manfrotto 190XB and a 390RC2 head for £69 +£7.50 postage it looks brand new to me (y)

Ah well, just a rip off when posting to Northern Ireland, anyway they lost the sale as I will get a Redsnapper bag and tripod instead.

I bought a used 17-40 lens hood (EW-83H I think) from them, came the next day, great price, and friendly service.(y)

Ffordes are my first port of call when I want new kit, I've never been disappointed with them but I'm always disappointed when they
don't have what I'm after because in the event of a problem I know their customer service is second to none.

just picked up a Manfrotto 055 CLB and 804RC2 head from them on Friday. Tripod was ex demo as well but looks like new, head was new. Great prices, especially as I didn't have postage to pay for :)

Back