Fibre extension cable

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi first of all excuse poor photo :LOL:

The fibre cable that comes into the house that has green connector on it, is there an extension cable so that I could unplug the green one from box, plug in the extension to that cable and then into the box? Hope that makes sense.
Have googled it but got very confused.
Basically new kitchen means its behind a unit and all I want to do is place the box on top a unit instead of on the wall, it only needs to be no more 12 inches

fibre 2.jpg

AFAIK
That green cable is a fibre optic cable and cannot as such be extended but I found a thread on Think Broadband forum where someone suggested using a short cable and a coupler...though something about 'registering' the cable???

Reactions: RKC
you get 5 stars just what I need..............I had seen similar earlier but only 10mtrs in length..............thank you so much
I hope it works out for you :)

im a network engineer so this oddly is something i can help.
you need to find out what mode the fibre is and as folk say get a coupler and a cable of the same type , also don't have it bent like that
that is terrible ,

google says its single mode and probably om4

the below should be right but I do mixed mode 10gb so its a bit out of my field

Last edited:
Looks the same as found in post #3 (y) I like to learn such things, so thanks for confirming what I found :)

it looks like the industry calls it FTTH
its also an old size spec being SC which is a bit big but that might be that way as it is a bit more robust

Thank you all, ordered it but because of alterations it ended up accessible at current location

im a network engineer so this oddly is something i can help.
you need to find out what mode the fibre is and as folk say get a coupler and a cable of the same type , also don't have it bent like that
that is terrible ,

google says its single mode and probably om4

the below should be right but I do mixed mode 10gb so its a bit out of my field

Indeed, I’ve extended my single-mode fiber run here at home, just a LC/SC coupler and job done.

Either that or get the Fujikura splicer out :LOL:

Back