Fiddle me this.

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
This gentleman fascinated me.
There was three talented fellow's havin quite a rowdy jam in the market square, it was really great to watch.
The sun shining, the smell of fresh coffee, hustle and bustle of the city and this chap and his mates playing their heart's out.
I simply had to chimp.

Fiddler.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot I like his expression works well in B&W

great eyes and good capture, but a little narrow on the cello IMHO

great eyes and good capture, but a little narrow on the cello IMHO

Thanks guys,

I agree with you Paul, it is narrow on cello, I do have this shot but his boat race turned out soft as hell.

_MG_1049800.jpg

Fantastic shots, love the second one. How did you PP these?

The 2nd's composition is much nicer but the processing is very odd. Its like too much fill light. The background has gone grey. It looks really weird.

Fantastic shots, love the second one. How did you PP these?

Kind of a manual hdr, one exposure, reduce contrast and then re-boost by sharpening, it's strange I know, but something different that needs a little nuturing. Just trying something different.

The 2nd's composition is much nicer but the processing is very odd. Its like too much fill light. The background has gone grey. It looks really weird.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the up front and no beating about the bush point of view, i agree it is weird, but so is the chap and weird is what I was trying to emphasize. I do agree with you and understand what you mean. I'm not going to knock this PP on the head just yet but reckon I can get it better. :thinking:

Perhaps there are better ways of emphazising that though because he doesn't look weird. The background is what looks weird not the guy.

I agree with Pete about the second shot, it's well composed but the processing is not good, his face looks like it's stuck on with glue and the background looks half solarised. Still it could be a great shot with different processing I think.

Here's pretty much the original with just a quick and dirty curves. mono conversion and sharpening.

Interested to see what you fellows think.

All the best.

IMG_1049.jpg

Back