Fiji x-t3 question

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just bought an x-t3 and I'm now trying to come to grips with it, I have generally used Nikon for years and although I have dabbled with other makes I'm probably most comfortable with my Nikons. But time marches on and I wanted to have a good look at a mirrorless option, hence the x-t3.

The controls set up is generally the same (on off switch and the front and rear command dials) with the other top dials harking back to the old days before digital.

Anyway my question is this. how do I set the rear dial just to change the shutter speed and nothing else, I have it set this way currently but for one thing, as I turn the dial to adjust the shutter speed I sometimes press to hard and operate the dial as a switch (it pushes in) which zooms in the viewfinder as a focus aid which I do not want it to do.

How do I disable the zoom feature?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Not got an X-T 3 but have it's older siblings. I think you can switch the dial press to do nothing somewhere in the set up menu.

Easy peasy. Switch on your camera and then hold your finger on the display / back button. That will bring up your customisable buttons. Theoretically you should be able to assign different functions to them all so that it suits you.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I managed to get a slightly more comprehensive answer which I have pasted here for the benefit of others who might suffer the same problem.

Go to the setup menu --> button/dial setting --> function (Fn) setting --> go to page 2/2 --> R-Dial --> set to "none" on page 7/7

I didn't even realise the menu system went this deep.

Back