Film premiere

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking of going soon to a film premiere and getting some shots there. What kind of equipment would be needed and what should I watch out for?

It depends really on if you are aiming to get photos of the public at the premiere (crowds etc) or the "stars" going in to watch the film.

I suspect it is the latter, and I think you main hurdle no matter what equipment you take will be getting close enough to see them in the first place. If you can blag your way into any sort of press pit then you could do well, otherwise I suspect it might be a case of getting there hours early to get to the front of the crowds.

If you do manage to get a good spot I would imagine a camera that can handle some reasonably high ISO or a good flash that you can work with well. Lens wise I would guess maybe a 24-70 range for full length shots, but going from memory when you see these things on TV a lot of the togs seem to be brandishing 70-200 type lenses. The obvious use with the 70-200 would be that you might still get something even if you can't get really close.

Sorry that isn't overly helpful, but hope it helped in some way. :)

It depends really on if you are aiming to get photos of the public at the premiere (crowds etc) or the "stars" going in to watch the film.

I suspect it is the latter, and I think you main hurdle no matter what equipment you take will be getting close enough to see them in the first place. If you can blag your way into any sort of press pit then you could do well, otherwise I suspect it might be a case of getting there hours early to get to the front of the crowds.

If you do manage to get a good spot I would imagine a camera that can handle some reasonably high ISO or a good flash that you can work with well. Lens wise I would guess maybe a 24-70 range for full length shots, but going from memory when you see these things on TV a lot of the togs seem to be brandishing 70-200 type lenses. The obvious use with the 70-200 would be that you might still get something even if you can't get really close.

Sorry that isn't overly helpful, but hope it helped in some way. :)

it helped! thanks. I just wanted a general idea. And if I go, it will be to get pictures of the stars. thanks a lot!

Back