Films- is the legacy pro any good and what colour?

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I am on my last roll of HP5+ and feel like a change (and something a little slower too!), so has anyone used the legacy pro film? What is it like? Any piccies? Also any ideas for a decent colour film, ~100 ASA for general use?

ive been using the legacy pro now for a few films, seems ok, results for me look almost identical to ilford delta at about half the price, saying that i wouldnt know the difference nayway!

The 100 is Fuji Acros by another name I believe, and is a lovely smooth film - rated last couple of rolls at 80 and grain was negligeable.

theres a guy on fleabay selling fuji reala - it's out of date, but has been kept refrigerated and is still fine for general use..... cant be bad for a quid a roll!

Also any ideas for a decent colour film, ~100 ASA for general use?

If Print:

• Fuji Superia 100 is good, readily availiable and cheap
  • Kodak Ektar is mean't to be quite good but I have not used it yet and its more than the Superia
  • Portra 160VC is good, very fine grained and brightly coloured. Bit more expensive though.

If Transparency:

• Fuji Sensia 100 is quite cheap and a generally good film.
  • Kodak Elite Chrome 100 Extra Colour (EBX) is very good in my experience. Fine grained and saturated colours but skin tones are still quite nice.
  • Agfa Precisia 100 is supposed to be good as a general purpose slide film. I have not tried it yet, its on my list but pictures using it on Flikr look quite nice

The best place to get Precisia is discount films direct. They do it both with a processing mailer and without.

7dayshop still have stocks of Reala BTW as of last Thursday. Thats another nice print film, very natural colours and sharp but unfortunately its no longer manufactured in 35mm, only 120.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that. Looks like I will get some legacy pro to try. I am not sure I need 20 rolls of out of date film, I was just looking form something to try!

If Print:

• Fuji Superia 100 is good, readily availiable and cheap
  • Kodak Ektar is mean't to be quite good but I have not used it yet and its more than the Superia
  • Portra 160VC is good, very fine grained and brightly coloured. Bit more expensive though.

If Transparency:

• Fuji Sensia 100 is quite cheap and a generally good film.
  • Kodak Elite Chrome 100 Extra Colour (EBX) is very good in my experience. Fine grained and saturated colours but skin tones are still quite nice.
  • Agfa Precisia 100 is supposed to be good as a general purpose slide film. I have not tried it yet, its on my list but pictures using it on Flikr look quite nice

The best place to get Precisia is discount films direct. They do it both with a processing mailer and without.

7dayshop still have stocks of Reala BTW as of last Thursday. Thats another nice print film, very natural colours and sharp but unfortunately its no longer manufactured in 35mm, only 120.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that. I will have a look at the sensia.

+1 for Agfa Precisa, easily my favourite slide film at the moment. I only wish 120 format stuff was available!

It is really nice post to share with us there are so many things which is really nice to know about these some of them which is really good is The best place to get Precisia is discount films direct. They do it both with a processing mailer and without. These it can be nothing to do for the films.

Back