Filter Help

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Please excuse my ignorance especially where terminology is concerned but I am a beginner to this milarky. I love doing landscape and am looking at getting ND filters. With the long term in mind am I better getting the rectangular or circular? My canon 17-85mm lens takes a 67mm UV filter but I cannot find any ND circular filters this size. I understand it is possible to get an adapter ring but don't know what size I should be looking for. Can someone please point me in the right direction in the most basic of manner

Thanx in anticipation

You want to go with square filters for nd's and nd grads. There are several on the market at different price levels. Whats your budget?

Thanks for the advice. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg at this stage but still would like something to do the job reasonably well - middle of the road I would say

Hi,

Try looking at WEX website, have just bought a 77mm Hoya Pro Circular from them, they have a Variety of Sizes.

Put ND Filters in Search.

Regards.

High end - Lee
MotR - HiTec
Lower end - Cokin

For most normal use, the P range (in Cokin terminology) will be wide enough. I think that all the filters will fit in all the systems' holders. IIRC, Lee do a special holder for wide angles (or it might be a case of assembling the holder differently) and Cokin holders can be cut down to hold just one square filter and not cause vignetting.

You could also try ebay
search for Cokin Gradulated Filters
You would need adapter ring for whichever lens you use and a filter holder which does what it says.

Back