Filters: any cheap brands to look out for?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I'm after a 67mm Circular Polariser. I've spotted on 7DayShop that they have Hama ones at a reasonable price. I've had a Hoya 62mm one for use with my Sigma lens, and haven't seen that great an improvement over the cheaper brands I have used in the past.

Are there any budget brands, aside from Hoya, that make decent filters? I've so far noticed Hama and Kood. Any more? (and are there any cheap places to get them from!?)

Matt

hi there feenster, just bought a Hoya 67mm Circular Polariser from www.onestop-digital.com for £20.99 delivered which i consider cheap. But if your looking for cheaper try fleabay i've seen Polarizing Filters for £1.99 plus £6.99 delivery no idea what there like though

I have a couple of Hama circular polarisers from 7dayshop and I reckon they're fine.

IMO for any significant improvement you have to go for the multicoated polarisers (e.g. Hoya Pro1) which are hugely expensive. AFAIK Hoya do not make polarisers in the intermediate HMC range, and I doubt if the standard range is much different from Hama.

Ah, that is what I was after - whether there is a cut off point where the extra money spent starts to make a difference.

I think one of the Hoya ones would be fine. Stupot, were you charged any VAT on your order from OneStop?

Matt

no VAT just £20.99 through paypal, but i think if your pay by bank transfer into Onestops UK account you get an extra 2% off.....not a great deal i know

I've used them 3 times now and cant fault them, faster than some UK suppliers

Back