Filters for TLR's?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get a grad filter for either my Yash 124g or Mamiya C330f and possibly for both. Now I know the Mam lenses take 46mm (except the 180mm lens which is 49mm) but I can't seem to find out if they make grads in that size. Has anyone seen any?

Andy

You'll want to look at some Cokin A system filters, if you use screw in filters you won't be able to move the horizon of the grad filter. The A system isnt exactly ideal as the filter may impinge on the viewing lens, if this isnt a problem for you then the A system is what you need.

I only did a quick Google and found this 46mm Grad Filter and I think there were some on Flea Bay, so yes they are around.

I think they are the same size as ones used in video cameras (certainly the older tape 8mm ones).

The Yashica MAT 124G uses a Bay-1 fitting and finding filters for that other than UV or close up filters is next to impossible.
I did find on eBay for my 124G on Bay-1 to 49mm step up ring which works great for everything but polarizers which require a bit more effort of putting it on the viewing lens to check then the taking lens for the shot. But with a 49mm ring you can use a Cokin A size holder and filters as well, and it doesn't block the viewing lens too much, not enough that you can't compose the shot anyway.

Thanks guys, Cokin A it is then.

Andy

Mmm, thanks for that Osh, pretty much my thinking.

I've found a Bay 1 to 46mm screw adaptor, then the 46mm Cokin A ring, then the holder, jobs a good 'un.

Andy

I've got some cokin A filters.

Normally I'd get somebody else to look at my junk, but seeing as its you, I'll look at my own junk personally and in private, if you want em ?

Back