Filters, mountings and Flash

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been digging through my old Olympus gear and I've got a bunch of effects filters (not sure they'd be any good) that are square and fit into a mounting unit that screws onto the front of the lens. I can use them on the OM 50mm lens I have, but does anyone have an idea as to what sort of mounting unit I'd need to mount them on the canon 58mm filter ring lenses I have ?

I also have a couple of flashes, a small hot shoe variety and a much bigger Braun unit. The Braun unit is only attachable by an external flash socket, and I don't have one of those on the camera. I'm not sure how good it would be compared to modern standards, but as I have it here already... Any suggestions for how I could fire the flash from the camera ?

Ok, I have the answer to the flashgun question, thanks to this thread, unless I can trigger it remotely....

Your filters sound like Cokin or Kood or clones thereof. There are A series and P series (depends on the size) and adapters and filter rings are available for both types.
If you measure one up then I can post a link or two to the adapters you'll need.

Bob

Ok, I have the answer to the flashgun question, thanks to this thread, unless I can trigger it remotely....

Which you could do using some units called Cactus triggers available on ebay.

Thanks Bob. The outer square (fitting lugs around the edges is 67mm. The inner square, the main body is 61mm. The filter body is 69mm long, and the filter itself is 56mm across the diameter.

Thanks Alib, I shall have a look

Thanks very much Bob

Back