Filters

Edit My Images
Yes
I have 3 different sized lens (52m, 58m and 67m) that I want to get a protection filter for.

I've read that the Hoya range are pretty good, so I'm now watching several UV filters of those 3 sizes.

I've noticed they do regular Hoya filters, and Hoya PRO1 filters -- will this make any difference if it's just used for protection?

For example, will this be fine for protecting my 50mm f/1.8 lens?

Will I need a 'filter wrench' to attach the filters?

Will I need to remove the filters when attaching the lens cap? Will the lens cap fit over the filter?

Cheers for your help!

Will I need a 'filter wrench' to attach the filters?

Will I need to remove the filters when attaching the lens cap? Will the lens cap fit over the filter?

No
No
Yes

In that order.

Alan

Cheers!

Will the Hoya's be OK?

Oh yes! What I use anyway but there are plenty of others. No doubt you get what you pay for but I have never been disappointed with the HOYA filters which adorn my lenses.

Alan

To make things very confusing for you ...

Yes, Hoya will be fine; but a few think that "protective" filters are rubbish!

It's up to you to decide if you want to use them or not.

you dun really want rain and dust to be on your elements. especially rain.

I don't have rain cover, so i rely on filter + hood to keep rain out, and it gets too wet, wipe it with some nice soft tissue as i don;t mind so much in scratching the filter but i won't be doing that on a lens element.

otherwise it's pretty pointless :)

I have a Hoya pro 1 uv on my Sigma 17-70 (72mm) and i`m very pleased with it. Protective filters every time for me, being the clumsy git that i am (y)

Back