finalising changes in lightroom??

Edit My Images
No
ok, so I have made a load of changes in lightroom, cropped, desaturated etc, but how do I flattern those changes so that they look correct when viewed in another program say like windows explorer or nikon view?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome.

You have a couple of choices.

If you save your metadata changes to a file (xmp) than other RAW viewers (say Photoshop) will pick up your changes.

Otherwise you need to export your file as jpeg or tiff or whatever you need. The file generated will have all of your LR processing changes.

HTH

Mark F

Dave, You have to export the image. This then saves the original with those changes, you've made, fixed within it. Right click the image and select export.

ah right ok, i'll try that, what I did was export with original format and it just copied the files with the changes but not flatterned, in otherwords it still looked uncropped in explorer.

I'll give it a quick go.

cool, thanks that worked :)

shame there isnt a way to just flattern like in photoshop.

If you use DNG instead of RAW and tick the box to write the changes to the DNG file it will work in Photoshop and you will still be able to go back to the original if you want/need to.

To be honest the main idea of Lightroom is that it is a non destructive editing program, so it applies your changes to the original file without making permanent changes to your original file...

Back