Finally, I got the bee shots

Lovely shots IMHO.
Love the soft light and the pastel backgrounds too.
If I had to have a moan, it would be the light stripe running vertically in the lower part of the 2nd shot. Easy to clone out though.
I would be more than chuffed if these were mine.

All lovely shots icy, you have now officially joined the Bee club :D

Lovely shots IMHO.
Love the soft light and the pastel backgrounds too.
If I had to have a moan, it would be the light stripe running vertically in the lower part of the 2nd shot. Easy to clone out though.
I would be more than chuffed if these were mine.

Thanks Gary:) I tried to learn cloning in PS but I get nowhere. Too old to learn new things:p

All lovely shots icy, you have now officially joined the Bee club :D

Thanks Graham:) lol, these are the only good bee shots I have taken within 2 years, do I still qualified to join the Bee Club? Any benefit to join the club? lol :D:p

Do you mind if I ask what was your setup for these shots?
As a beginner to macro, I am keen to learn !

Do you mind if I ask what was your setup for these shots?
As a beginner to macro, I am keen to learn !

Sure, always happy to help but I am still learning as well:) I am using a Nikon D7100 and Sigma 105mm + raynox 250 + Nissin i40 with DIY chocolate tube diffuser (original idea from @Carlh pringle diffuser).

Macro is a VERY additive hobby, be aware:D!!!!

Edit: I wear a pair of trousers that I can put knee pads in so I could knee down on the floor comfortability. I have got elbow pads too.

Last edited:
And so you should be proud, excellent set (y)

Sure, always happy to help but I am still learning as well:) I am using a Nikon D7100 and Sigma 105mm + raynox 250 + Nissin i40 with DIY chocolate tube diffuser (original idea from @Carlh pringle diffuser).

Edit: I wear a pair of trousers that I can put knee pads in so I could knee down on the floor comfortability. I have got elbow pads too.

Thank you for that.
Need to buy some Pringles tomorrow !
What diffuser material do you use?
And I love the idea of the kneepads.
Thanks again.

Really nice set of images Icy, well up to your usual standard.(y)

George.

Thanks Graham:) lol, these are the only good bee shots I have taken within 2 years, do I still qualified to join the Bee Club? Any benefit to join the club? lol :D:p
Yes lots of benefits, you get to photograph lots more :banana:

not my idea - some other user on TP told me about it - they are the hero (y). Fantastic shots btw Icy , I'd be well happy with those

Thank you for that.
Need to buy some Pringles tomorrow !
What diffuser material do you use?
And I love the idea of the kneepads.
Thanks again.

I wrapped some tin foil inside the chocolate tube.Half way of the tube inside, I put a packaging foam to make another layer. lastly, I put a softbox (cheap one from the bay).

Excellent set!!!!

Thanks William:)

And so you should be proud, excellent set (y)

Thanks Jak:) I was excited:banana:

Really nice set of images Icy, well up to your usual standard.(y)

George.

Thanks George:) Unexpected good result that made my day:D

Yes lots of benefits, you get to photograph lots more :banana:

Not even a free cup of tea?:D

Well done Icy.

Thanks Nick:)

not my idea - some other user on TP told me about it - they are the hero (y). Fantastic shots btw Icy , I'd be well happy with those

Thanks Carl:) Lol, saw your pringles tube and thought it was your idea but anyway, thanks for sharing that so I could copy and now to share with more memebers:banana:

Lots of Heroes in this section (y)

Great set Icy so glad you managed to get some bees :D

Thanks Bryn:) Without the shadow of a doubt, you are one of the helping heroes here:D

I'd be very happy with those, great set!

Thanks Dunc:) I just got lucky:p

Last edited:
Superb like all of them
Lighting is excellent too

Thanks Pete:) haven't seen you on here for a while,glad you dropped your comment.
Thanks Icy yes I haven't been on for ages but will post some up soon I've just started going out again for the butterflies :)

Back