NSFW Finally !

Name
Ann
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been observing this sparrow-hawk for a few months now just catching an occasional sighting as he or she (not sure) fly's through my new garden taking a sparrow or two. I knew he had stopped in the middle section of the garden in the past because feathers were left there, but it is quite secluded and there is a lot of foliage.Anyway I spotted him from upstairs spiralling up in the air amazing then go to the ground in that section no chance of getting anything, so I just waited after about ten minute's he flew onto my back fence unfourtunatly there are lot of branches but I am pleased that I have finally got him with his prey in my garden .Hope you like

View attachment 4844 View attachment 4845 View attachment 4848

Brilliant! Very similar scenario for me - he flies round all day causing the odd cloud of feathers up to now only coming close when i don't have the camera! How close did you manage to get for these?

Sparrowhawks are awesome :D
We have one around us, but I have never seen it below 100ft - I know its about as the sky suddenly fills with pigeons!

Great capture and well rewarded. :)

We have one around us, but I have never seen it below 100ft - I know its about as the sky suddenly fills with pigeons!

Although it could be a Sparrowhawk that sounds more like a Peregrine. Sparrowhawks prefer to hunt low.

Brilliant! Very similar scenario for me - he flies round all day causing the odd cloud of feathers up to now only coming close when i don't have the camera! How close did you manage to get for these?
I am not very good on distance but I was using my 300 lens with a 1.4 tc and also cropped I am going to set some sort of hide up in the future hopefully
Super bird, this is a Female. Well captured.
Thank you for that info Alan, would more than one bird hunt in the same area ?
great shot
Thank you

They certainly are, fascinating to watch so agile, in the summer last year when we first moved here she come flying into my chestnut tree took a sparrow and perched there while my neighbour and I were talking although we couldn't see anything the leaves were too dense ,we could certainly hear the sparrow squealing .Thank you

Yes Ann, I have 3 different birds at the moment, but in August I had 9 different birds believe it or not.

Nice shot, lucky you.................:plus1:

Well caught, your perseverance as paid off, a nice shot.

Patience has been rewarded with a good set of hawk photographs showing what they do best.

Yes Ann, I have 3 different birds at the moment, but in August I had 9 different birds believe it or not.
Wow you are very lucky although I am very pleased with what I think are a male and the female in my garden
Nice shot, lucky you.................:plus1:
Thank you
Well caught, your perseverance as paid off, a nice shot.
Thank you
Patience has been rewarded with a good set of hawk photographs showing what they do best.
Thank you they are certainly fasinating birds to watch
The right place and time, well done.
Thank you

Back