Critique Fireworks night - Glasgow

Hi Steve looked at these on my phone on the way into work this morning and didn't post as I wanted to look at them again when I was on my PC. And here I am. I really like these (subject to what I say below) and have looked at the others on the blog too, good stuff. However, the pole in the water on the bottom left 3rd ruins the fact that these are great looking reflection shots. It looks impossible to avoid the pole for the purpose of the composition you went for but from a critique point of view, this draws the eye and distracts. I felt compelled to give you this feedback as you have been kind enough to give me some feedback on my shots in the past. Maybe clone it out if you are into that sort of thing, although it might be tricky on the first as it over laps the firework. I personally think that would improve the images. Cheers Chris

Reactions: ST4
Hi Steve looked at these on my phone on the way into work this morning and didn't post as I wanted to look at them again when I was on my PC. And here I am. I really like these (subject to what I say below) and have looked at the others on the blog too, good stuff. However, the pole in the water on the bottom left 3rd ruins the fact that these are great looking reflection shots. It looks impossible to avoid the pole for the purpose of the composition you went for but from a critique point of view, this draws the eye and distracts. I felt compelled to give you this feedback as you have been kind enough to give me some feedback on my shots in the past. Maybe clone it out if you are into that sort of thing, although it might be tricky on the first as it over laps the firework. I personally think that would improve the images. Cheers Chris

Yep. The tide was low showing the pole. At high tide it's not visible. I find that part of the composition jarring. However the bridge was full up, I couldn't get another spot. Im surprised no one else spotted it as the pole has cut the fireworks off.

Next fireworks night this thread will be in my mind to bring home something better.

Back