First 7D shots. Bouncey Dog!!

Name
Well Dawn of course!
Edit My Images
Yes
Well this camera is a different ball game (geddit?:D) to the 40D. The tracking of moving subjects is superb, so sensitive though, I turned it down to slow for these shots. I know they are a bit bright, but not a cloud in the sky and as I say, first shots. High speed shooting is like a machine gun!! :D I have done nothing other than crop and add copyright, slight sharpen on a couple. This is a dog Im boarding.

1img9761resize.jpg

2img9763resize.jpg

3img9766resize.jpg

4img9777resize.jpg

5img9781resize.jpg

6img9783resize.jpg

Two more;

7img9786resize.jpg

8img9788resize.jpg

Thanking yous all for looking.

They look great. The last is my favorite although I can see number 3 being made into a motivational poster of some kind.

*Runs away to think of witty caption :exit:

at the danger of converging two threads, what iso were these taken at since the other thread has someone complaining at noise on a 7d, but from here these look great

at the danger of converging two threads, what iso were these taken at since the other thread has someone complaining at noise on a 7d, but from here these look great

please reveal the exif info!

Also was this in AI Servo mode ?

They look great. The last is my favorite although I can see number 3 being made into a motivational poster of some kind.

*Runs away to think of witty caption :exit:
Thank you Alex.:)

These are terrific. How long have you had the camera ?????
C
Cheers, I had it yesterday afternoon.:)

ISO 320. I can see highlights, but I was aware of how harsh the light was and I was standing in the shade as I was using a 120-400mm lens at minimum distance. The dog was just in the frame where I was standing. this was the only dog we had in that would "play ball" so to speak. ;)

Looks like you are enjoying it Dawn :D
Oh I am Stu. :D

please reveal the exif info!

Also was this in AI Servo mode ?
Yes AI servo, f/5.6 and 6.3, all ISO 320. Tracking sensitivity set to low. Taken with a Sigma 120-400mm OS lens.

any chance you can give us a 100% crop view so we can see the noise/lack of noise and kill the "it's too noisy at low iso" debate

I'm impressed by the shots.

If the JR is anything like mine it knows only 1 speed - full speed and bonkers with it and more so when a ball is involved!!!!!!!!

The 7D sure looks to be a good camera for these sort of action shots!

Gary

Cheers both, I love the caption too!!

Yes it was the Sigma 120-400mm OS lens.

Off to tick "edit" Im very happy for any help and tips at all.

Last edited:
Being a bit of a noob I'm not sure what you mean by ticked but I will take note for future.

Its just in your options there is a box to tick if you dont mind people doing "edits" of your images.

Thanks all for your comments.:)

Nice set Dawn...

Number 3 has to be my fave just because of the expression and the edit is superb :D

Back