Critique First attempt at Extension Tubes.... Critters (Part 2)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is my attempt with extension tubes on my Tamron 90mm, was done with tripod mounted flash and small softbox as close to subject as possible to give the most amount of wrap around and handheld.

I like them so well done with your new 'tackle' (y)

Anything like this that gives me the shudders must be good & your number two & three do as they have so much detail :)

Superb images! I'm off to get some extension tubes!

shouldnt have looked here as I'm trying not to buy a Tamron 90mm at the moment...:(

Damn...

Just do it!!! As said before awesome lens and VC is so good all these are handheld.

When you are using flash as the dominant light source your effective shutter speed is the length of the flash pulse (which is very short, unless you are using HSS/FP flash, which I doubt you were in this case), so VC probably doesn't enter into the equation for these images as far as image sharpness goes (it would have a stabilising effect on the viewfinder image and thereby aid framing/composition of course).

so non VC is better, Nick ? ( sorry to crash your thread, Bryn )

All very good no 3 is excellent perfectly framed and great composition

so non VC is better, Nick ? ( sorry to crash your thread, Bryn )

No, I was referring only to image quality in relation to flash captures. In other circumstances VC is (IMO) always good to have available, including for its effects on stabilising the viewfinder image even when flash is being used.

No problems. I find it helps me but that may not be case for you.

Edit: As I dont just use it for Macro

Ah, of course. I jumped to conclusions, not thinking it through. Sorry for messing with your thread Bryn. :)

These are excellent! You are getting some great results, and great detail on those spider especially. You did well to get those angles.

What magnification do you think you are getting? How many tubes have you added?

What magnification do you think you are getting? How many tubes have you added?

I added the full set as was too impatient, ive been trying to work out how much magnification. Need to shot a ruler. Think it will be 3:1 ish. Based on these are the babies of the laced web spider you identified. Angle was due to them being on top bit of angled slab that I turned over, had to be very careful not to scratch the lens came close to many times thinking I'll have to put some padding on bottom of lens to protect it. One was eating a wood louse and I failed in getting the shot.

Thanks all, I really did enjoy the increased magnification from the tubes.

Back