First attempt at HDR

Edit My Images
Yes
Had a go at doing some HDR work today, so went down to the local Abbey in Neath. Please feel free to C&C.

3288215788_fe44a30594.jpg

Think that HDR worked fine just pic is missing some point of interest.

It looks spooky, I have been trying HDR myself, But you have me beat on location. Not been brave enough to post pic's yet myself.
I have same camera as you and i am a newbie to DSLR.

The buildings look draw together, almost getting sucked up to the gods
Try a shot closer with less grass, and something to catch your eye.

Have you stitched shots together to make the picture, or just used your wide angle and full whack?

Great spot for photos much better than me stuck in the city

Keep up the good work, don't let me put you off
I hope you will be the first to check mine out, when I get brave enough

Cheers

I think IMO that the hdr is a bit strong try and cut back on it a tad. I think its best done when people can't tell if its hdr or not

I think IMO that the hdr is a bit strong try and cut back on it a tad. I think its best done when people can't tell if its hdr or not

i think its more the saturation option in the hdr settings thats a tad strong

im looking into using HDR but cannot find enough good techniques or tutorials that break own the process for newbies

I think the image most likly looks better in a larger size, giving more detail.
I do feel that its a tad over saturated, with no focal point, which would lead one into the picture.
I have a similar from Castle Acra which i turned into B & W, and received some good feed back.

If its your first then its a nice image ..

Had a go at doing some HDR work today, so went down to the local Abbey in Neath. Please feel free to C&C.

3288215788_fe44a30594.jpg

Very much an acquired taste - not mine though :)

Think shots like this become a 'HDR' rather than a landscape. This is about the processing and not so much the subject.

Yer I agree. You see people say "Great HDR!" and well it just seems wrong. Shouldn't it be "Great photo!" or it doesn't work as a photo because of....?

Back