First attempt at landscape

Edit My Images
Yes
since im relitively new to photography... i thought i'd try as many genres/topics as possible to see which i'd enjoy most :D.
Here is my attempt at a landscape style shot taken at *cough* lovely *cough* Shipley Park :D

Lands-1.jpg

C&C's much appreciated
rawr :D

I would personally put the horizon where trees meet field either higher or lower... rule of thirds. Tree on left ok in terms of composure, in that it's off to one side. No real foreground interest though. Better than my early attempts though.

It all takes some practice Rawr, but new photographers can improve very quickly. You've certainly come to the right forum to get good advice from excellent photographers (who also happen to be nice people!)

Now, your picture...looks as though you had some tricky lighting. The highlights in the sky are blown, while the grassy meadow in the foreground is underexposed. If you have photo processing software you might be able to salvage some of the highlights, and you will definitely be able to lighten the foreground.

Here's a quick stab at it...wasn't able to salvage much of the blown highlights at all, so I cropped out most of the sky. If you don't like it, I'll remove the link.

Lands-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back