First attempt at my dog!

D

dd-photography

Okay so this is like the first time ive properly tried photographing our dog!
Hes an English Springer Spaniel and his names Buzz.
Slight editing and a crop on photoshop.
C&C welcome!

2.jpg

Bit too dark the the top of the picture. Am guessing that's down the background? I'm forever trying to get good pics of my dogs, they never stay still very long do they?
x

Dead/decapitated dog alert. :p :D

Spot on framing and sharpness, but...

You can't see anything past the head and it's a tad too dark.

Lose the fireguard... looks like an elongated eyebrow

haha! Nah its hard to get a good shot, especially of ours! hes the most energetic dog usually. I took a few last night though and he was tired and lazy!

Yeah i understand i need to try and do something about the background, that was one of the things im going to do different next time, try and have a better background and maybe different angles. I quite liked the fact you could only see the head.

I dont understand your point about the fireguard though :confused:
hmm
:)

Yes apart from the background, the actual subject has been taken very nicely, the angle the composition and the focus is spot on, and the level at which you have taken this gives a great effect, photographing dogs or any animal is not easy its taken me a long time to master it, and now most weekends im photographing at dog shows etc, (www.k9imageworld.com) you have done a good job, it can only get better.

Great composition as I know its hard to get a piccie of a Springer being quiet! You must have had someone holding him down the other end!!!! He's a gorgeous dog as well.

Back