Beginner First attempt at planes

Name
Edd
Edit My Images
Yes
Just managed to take a few shots at the back of John Lennon Airport before the weather turned.

I would have cropped this a bit more but I like the clouds.

DSC_4486
by Edd103, on Flickr

I was surprised I could see the pilot in this shot with me being directly under the flight path.

DSC_4481
by Edd103, on Flickr

Took the last two through a wired fence but managed to get it out of focus due to the aperture used.

Untitled
by Edd103, on Flickr

DSC_4497
by Edd103, on Flickr

And then the rain came so it was time to go home.

Comments and tips welcome as always.

1 & 2 are really nice images, lovely composition and colours in the planes and sky. I like the movement blur on the propellers on #1 and the central composition is really nice for #2. 3 &4 doesn't really do anything for me, would have looked nicer from the front.

I like No 2, hope you had a set of ear defenders!!

Alan

Thanks for the input.

I would have loved to get the photos for number 3 & 4 looking at them taking off from the front view, I just don't know how to get to that end of the airport. ha It was the heat haze that drew my attention.

When that flew over me it was extremely loud!!

Last edited:
I forgot to add these to the first post;

DSC_4474
by Edd103, on Flickr

I wanted to get a sense of how low the plane was so tried to include part of the runway light into the shot.

DSCF4482
by Edd103, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll try to figure out how to do that and see what it looks like.

Jumbo's from the fornt are excellent shot.. I don't like small planes being photographed from the underside..

I normally shoot smaller planes when they are very low / at an airshow.. Look so much nicer.

Unless its a climbing jet!

I grew up in Garston and used to go and watch the planes at the old airport, did you go down the shore path or are these from Dungeon lane?

I grew up in Garston and used to go and watch the planes at the old airport, did you go down the shore path or are these from Dungeon lane?

I was parked up on Dungeon Lane, not a bad spot for the incoming planes, can't really see them taking off though.

I've edited the ils out of the photograph. I don't really know how to use Photoshop so it's not the greates of edits.

DSC_4482-Edit
by Edd103, on Flickr

Back