First attempt at water droplets

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first attempt at water droplets it didnt got to well, i had iso at 200 and shutter at 1/200, kept missing them

Waterdrop1.jpg

Waterdrop3.jpg

waterdrop2.jpg

Please any advice

i must get around 2 trying this myself, you may not have quite got the results you were after but i love no.2

Thanks will take a look, i dont have a flash at moment just the built in one

Hi JollyJack :)
Not a bad first attempt at all! You seem to have the set up pretty well sorted! It can be frustrating but just take loads of shots! it takes practice, but You will get some keepers and that makes all the effort worth it.. :clap:

I'd back off a touch, find your point of focus and lock it on manual. Maybe a plain BG would help draw attention to the droplet:thinking:
Good luck(y)

How are you focussing your shots :thinking:

My advice (from a beginner!) use a tripod if possible with remote release (if you have one!) and use a spoon or something in the water to pre focus on (remember you wish to focus above the water... I managed to get a supak flash the other day from currys £40 down from £100 and an off camera cord off ebay which works perfectly for £12... Makes quite a difference in a lot of shots - not just macro!

Hope this helps

Rob

Nice try Jon not that i could do any better but you know what they say mate "practise makes perfect" i am sure you will get the result your looking for in the end(y)

I was using AF on my D90 and i was also hand held.

As others have said: Really you need to use a tripod to keep the camera steady and also to prefocus on something such as a cocktail stick, pencil etc. where the drops fall!

HTH Steve

Back