First attempt - British Summer

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok - I don't know how well this worked, and I'm still not 100% sure of it, but I did kind of like how it came out. This was one of the first pictures I took with my new toys - a 50D and the Tamron 17-270 - probably not the best set up in the world, but it's been fun to play with. I just liked the irony of raindrops on a solar panel - summed up the way the summer's been so far!

The panel is from a light - one of those cheap led lights that B&Q's sell for putting around the garden, and I was sat on the bench by the table it was on with my gear and I took a photo of it - there's about 10-20 of them in total, but I've not quite found more that I'm really happy with. I'm still playing with the new gear, so it was a learning experience. I've done some minor post-processing, mostly around the white balance and a slight bump in the sharpness.....

So... from the macro experts out there - how did I do, and what can I do better?

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

To be honest there's not a lot going on in this shot. It's not really macro and there is no point of interest?It needs to have a focal point to draw the viewer in. I understand you are getting familiar with your kit, so I hope this doesn't sound too harsh:shrug: Rob

Back