First attempt

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
First try at macro. Please comment - either way :) - I want to learn.

No 1. Trout flies.

No 2. Stationery pins.

Trout flies.Nice & sharp (the pic not the hooks) Shame you cut off the top feather though. Maybe try them all one above the other all pointing the one way. Maybe slightly staggered & then take in portrait format?

The pins.Again just a pity about the cut off ones.
Good effort though.

Very nice use of colour. :clap:

Textured background disturbs me a bit simply because it's quite sharp. If you could throw it out of focus it would be better or use plain.

Maybe it's my screen, but #1 could do with being a bit brighter? Or maybe it's just overwhelmed by the large amount of black in the shot?

Great ideas though. Like to see you develop them. (y)

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.2 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Like the shot with the flies, good lighting.

Have a bit of a play around with them, prick them into something and line them up to try different DOF, colour contrasts etc, ......... hours of endless fun,..... and good for learning....... and a cheap night in.

Dave ....

Thanks guys. I'll take on board all your comments and try to progress as you suggest.

Another couple after taking your advice. Not cropped, just sharpened and a bit of colour boost in PSE. Again, comments welcomed.

Trout flies - think it would be better with a white background as it could show more detail in the feathers, which is lost against the textured black.

Pins - I like this one but as someone else has already said, it would have been better to have complete pins in the frame.

White flie - might be my eyes but it seems as though the hook & cork are in focus and the flie is blurred?

Yellow flie - seems better focus on this one.

:clap: as someone has already said, great subject to play around with, happy snapping!

White flie - might be my eyes but it seems as though the hook & cork are in focus and the flie is blurred?

No it's not your eyes :LOL: I quite liked the effect because I thought it gave a sense of motion/drama to the pic.

Do people think it would have been better all in focus?

Back