First big wedding Shoot

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
This is one of the shots from the wedding I did in the middle of August. It was a really horrible day, raining and very overcast sky. I took the decision to blow out the sky for some shots.

mu7076ga1.jpg

Other pics can be found on my website http://www.kelticrose.co.uk

Comments very welcome.

Allan

Nice shot but could do with some PP to remove the busy background. I had a play to show what a quick play can change, hope you don't mind. It has the making of a lovely wedding shot.

1391887185_0b06ea6c89_o.jpg

I think you want to keep the confetti but maybe just soften/blur the background a bit? especially the railing.

Missed all this before KIM, Looks like you managed to document the day really well :) You were obviously limited by the location and weather :( but at least your shots are well exposed and the framing/composition looks good to me :D Bet you learnt a few lessons for future wedding too ;) Good stuff!

Some wonderful images captured there Kim. (y)

I do find a few taken by the railings have too much headspace for my own personal taste, as I find the blown sky seems to draw my eye.
So, for me, I prefer the images you took with slightly tighter crops/composition.
Of the ones that I find 'skyheavy' I much prefer M7075 to the one posted above as the confetti fills the space nicely.

Jmo, of course. :)

Btw, what lens did you use?

You did well. (y)

Great set. I do think she held her bouquet to high in many of the pics and you can't see the front of her dress. Or is that they way brides like it? I don't know these things!

Thanks for the kind comments.

The pics you see have not been cropped as I wanted space for 10x8 shots or other strange ratio ones so quite a bit of the metal work or sky will go with these crops.

The lens used for most of the shots was the Sigma 24 - 70mm , but some of the inside ones later are with the nifty fifty, and some of the shots do belong to my assistant for the day (Who may come out of lurking on this site one day ;) )

I learnt loads on the shoot and as such posted some tips. The bouquet was a little high in some pics, so I do need to take control a bit more in my next shoot in a fortnight.

Back