First Bump Shot

Edit My Images
No
Here is my first attempt at a bump shot.

3214225140_6cf252aee6.jpg

I had intended to take this photo with available light from the windows at both sides of the room, but on the day the sky was dark and gray with very little light entering the room. I used two 580ex II speedlights one on a stand pointing back left to give a soft light from the front and one in the far right corner pointing up to the ceiling. Balance to firing at the same power on TTL.

Last edited:
I like that. I wonder what it would have looked like with bump in focus instead of face? (As lovely as it is!)

I think it looks very good.........straight out of a magazine! (y)

Yep, I like that lots. The OoF bump works for me, and will probably be more comfortable for the bump owner to see displayed. I'm soaking up all these bump shots for myself as the Mrs is also suitably with bump LOL.

I would clone out the dark something just beside her leg, I think, but it's great (y)

Love it!

When i was pregnant i was adamant i did not want a single pic taken, looking back now it is my biggest regret - make the most of it and take loads of pics, even if the mrs isn't keen she'll appreciate it afterwards!

Cant wait to be pregnant again and when i do i'm going to have LOADS of pics taken!!

I like that. I wonder what it would have looked like with bump in focus instead of face?

It's always harder on the eye to go past a large OoF area into a sharp one, than to do it the other way around as here

Here, we can see the delight on a woman's face, then lead through the shot to see why she's so obviously happy

Great shot, well done :clap:

DD

Kieron,

thats really lovely, the look on her face and just the hint of the bump. I bet she loved it you've just caught that wonderful pregnancy glow but without putting the bump on display.(y)

I'd expect to see that as an ad for baby oil of some sort. Lovely image and the smile on the mum's face makes it special.

This is a really nice shot.
Love the facial expression and I think the OoF bump works really well.

Beautiful shot. Very relaxed and natural :) Focus is on the woman's face, not her bump. But the bump is clearly visible, which makes for a really personal, intimate photograph. :)

Love this shot. Really well executed, with oof bump making the shot work. I did think maybe eye contact would have helped the shot but then it might have made it too personal.

Very tastefully done. Lovely image and the lady's radiance comes through well.

That's a great shot that is. A shot like that would sell very well to baby mags and the like. Excellent.

really disappointed with this one keiron, it's unfortunately blatantly posed and rigid, not a genuine smile like you could've captured.

Keep trying though, it's a good start

;) :p

Back