First couple of shots from the 7D

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the rain stopped for a brief moment, so it was out in the garden to try out the camera. Not the best, but I hope to get out a bit more this week and play around with a few more settings. Thanks for looking and C&C welcome.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

You got one then :D great bit of kit ain't they :naughty:

Shots look good to me, look forward to seeing more :D

If there the test shots Rich,then you have chosen well,camera wise,they are superb given the weather.

Good choice of camera for sure I have had mine 2 months now and simply LOVE IT!!! great images Rich keep up the good work.

Nice couple of shots Rich.(y) I'm very pleased with mine and think you will be, the more you get to know it.

Looking good Rich :)

I like your mossy branches, much better setting than just birds on a stick ;)

Congrats Rich, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, they really are a great bit of kit, its the start of a love affair :love: :D

Your sure not far out with these pics, no 2 especially, well done and keep em coming (y)

they really are a great bit of kit, its the start of a love affair :love: :D
:

Seriously my wife was nearly gonna smash my 7D when I first got it, I was out with it so so much, she saw the red mist and all hell broke loose :)

One 450D later and she's out there with me now :) lol :)

15/05/2011 - Gonna be the best day of my life!!! Cannot wait!! ---

And I suspect this is when you get a 400mm f2.8 ? :LOL:

great shots btw, lovely detail/colour ! :)

15/05/2011 - Gonna be the best day of my life!!! Cannot wait!! ---

And I suspect this is when you get a 400mm f2.8 ? :LOL:

F me I wish - its the date our first is due to join us :)

Not bad not bad at all(y)
:thinking: And there's me thinking you had no taste at all :D
There's hope for you yet :puke:

Joking aside Rich im sure you will enjoy your new purchase and those 2 shots look like you are getting to grips with it.

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
These are great, ive not had this much success on my recently bought 7D on small birds so far, saying that ive no no decent light so far whenever ive seen one!! what setting did you use if you dont mind me asking?

The branch on the first is also real nice and adds a lot to the shot IMO

Thanks all, as mentioned in a previous thread I have not had the chance to use it in decent light yet as such, but if it is decent Sunday I shall pop out for a couple of hours. I used the 70-200 F4L plus the 1.4 TC for these shots.

Standard Information
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 7D
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
ImageSize: 800x534
ComponentsConfiguration: Y, Cb, Cr, -
CreateDate: 2010:11:14 12:33:58
ModifyDate: 2010:11:14 14:43:24
DateTimeOriginal: 2010:11:14 12:33:58
ExposureTime: 1/250"
Aperture: F5.6
MaxAperture: F5.7
CircleOfConfusion: 0.003 mm
HyperfocalDistance: 4739.59 m
ExposureBiasValue: -1/3
Flash: Off, Did not fire
ISO: 800
WhiteBalance: Manual
FocalLength: 280.0 mm
FocalLength35efl: 280.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 2848.1 mm)
ColorSpace: sRGB

Those are great Shots and as said those mossy branches just set the birds off so well
Ive just received my 7D. So now you all know why we have dense fog everywhere *** Les wanted to get out and have a play.

Anyway I will be very gratefull for any advice on settings etc as well please.

Thanks all, as mentioned in a previous thread I have not had the chance to use it in decent light yet as such, but if it is decent Sunday I shall pop out for a couple of hours. I used the 70-200 F4L plus the 1.4 TC for these shots.

Standard Information
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 7D
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
ImageSize: 800x534
ComponentsConfiguration: Y, Cb, Cr, -
CreateDate: 2010:11:14 12:33:58
ModifyDate: 2010:11:14 14:43:24
DateTimeOriginal: 2010:11:14 12:33:58
ExposureTime: 1/250"
Aperture: F5.6
MaxAperture: F5.7
CircleOfConfusion: 0.003 mm
HyperfocalDistance: 4739.59 m
ExposureBiasValue: -1/3
Flash: Off, Did not fire
ISO: 800
WhiteBalance: Manual
FocalLength: 280.0 mm
FocalLength35efl: 280.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 2848.1 mm)
ColorSpace: sRGB

Those are great Shots and as said those mossy branches just set the birds off so well
Ive just received my 7D. So now you all know why we have dense fog everywhere *** Les wanted to get out and have a play.

Anyway I will be very gratefull for any advice on settings etc as well please.

You may both find this link informative by the time i found this i had already found out all i needed by trail and error

http://www.deepgreenphotography.com/2009/12/setting-up-your-new-canon-7d/

Regards
Richard

+1 for the link, its a worthwhile read and very informative (y)

Thank you sir
Just hope it helps you know where i am if it does'nt (y)
Regards
Richard

Many Thanks Rich some serious reading and tinkering this afternoon methinks.

+1 for the link, its a worthwhile read and very informative (y)

Glad i could be of use there's one or two little things i do different but thats down to lighting and the subject matter more than anything the general ideas in the link are sound for most everyday occurences

Many Thanks Rich some serious reading and tinkering this afternoon methinks.

Glad to be of help (y)

Regards

Richard

Question for you. Richard (Lost)
I see Richard has colour space at sRGB and to me those colours are spot on and would be wht I woud have gone with as well . The link however is saying Adobe RGB May I ask which you use Master.

I see Richard has colour space at sRGB and to me those colours are spot on and would be wht I woud have gone with as well . The link however is saying Adobe RGB May I ask which you use Master.

:thinking: I could get a liking for that title :naughty:

The truth be told i tried images in both to see if i could create any problems or find a gain one from the other not a lot in it but i just favour Adobe RGB :D

He uses the force............

:thinking: Only after a curry :D

Regards Both

Richard

:D
:wacky:

I see Richard has colour space at sRGB and to me those colours are spot on and would be wht I woud have gone with as well . The link however is saying aRGB May I ask which you use Master.

I have always used sRGB Les,as far as I am aware aRGB has no effect whatsoever when shooting Raw, and is only used as such if it is going to be printed on glossy magazine covers. However I am not saying it is the case but only what I have managed to find out, if people say setting it to aRGB is better then so be it. Doug Brown mentions that he shoots Raw+jpeg so I am guessing this is why he has his set at Adobe, only a guess mind it :LOL: I might well set mine to Raw+Jpeg tomorrow and aRGB to see what they look like when it comes to editing them.The other thing to consider is the fact that these pics were shot in Raw and like anybody else`s pictures, look nothing like what a straight conversion would look like. Raw just gives you a base platform to work from before you begin PP.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I shoot Raw + jpeg all the time and always used sRGB on the 50D as it seemed to give a slighty more saturation on the colour in my eyes. Have shot some on aRGB today on 7D. havent looked at them yet though. Ill try both tomorrow (another lunchtime play)
Cheers all.

Back