First dark sky shots

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I've just kinda got back into photography after a while off. I was away in scotland last week and managed to get a few nice dark sky shots, these are my fist attempts at night sky photography so go easy :)

25479056590_31d68ce118_c.jpg

Last edited:
, Cracking shot mate, love the glow and the tree/fence line...is the brightstar too central??? im not sure but a great shot whatever

Thanks for the feedback.:) The bright star kinda bugged me a bit, to my eye it looks a tiny bit off to the the left but when I checked in PS it is dead central.

I was unsure about the balnace between forground and sky, I tired a few crops but quite like it where it is. Too much sky??

Thanks for the feedback.:) The bright star kinda bugged me a bit, to my eye it looks a tiny bit off to the the left but when I checked in PS it is dead central.

I was unsure about the balnace between forground and sky, I tired a few crops but quite like it where it is. Too much sky??
Not for me Pete, it works great as is... Id maybe put a subtle vignette top of shot to balance top and bottom a little but thats just me

Cheers Alan, I'll give that a try. I'm terrible with edditing, I get to a point I'm happy with, leave it on screen to make a cuppa, return to it and I hate it. I can go on like that for ages, not sure if it's just me or what.

LP kind of kills it for me. Is this looking East and the bright 'star' is actually Jupiter.

Hmmm, I actually like the bright light, makes the shot for me, would have been a bit plain without it. Guess we all have different tastes :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

@MartinCornwall What is LP? I'm racking my brain but can't work it out. And yeah if I had to say what direction it was taken in id have said west, I just looked it up on the map and it is in fact east :plus1:

Cheers.

LP Light Pollution. The highlights are blown, if you had dialed it back a tad and the whole of the mountain range was still visible it would have been a better shot ( for me anyway). A good first attempt though :)

Ahh right cheers :) Yeah this was the first night out doing this type of thing so still working it out. I have a few exposures of this so will have a look through them. It was crazy high ISO as far as I remember.

Back