First ever visit to Duxford

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm normally to be found taking photos of old cars but went to Duxford today with the family. No special events on or anything but none of us had been before so I snapped at random things that caught my attention!

Img_6576.jpg

Img_6599.jpg

Img_6605.jpg

Img_6609.jpg

Img_6610.jpg

Img_6615.jpg

Did you find that Duxfords one of those places you want to go back to after you left? I always do..i love it.

the sr71 shot is my fav, its tricky to get correct exposures in the american bit, and the only crit i have is you do with bringing out the detail in the front nose of the plane, that would give the shot a bit more ' punch'

Tbh you just can't get round all of Duxford in a day. You'll get bogged down somewhere, whether it's in the main hanger, the american hanger or my personal dave the land war exhibition. Is deffo at least a two trip visit. Then of course you have the big flying displays. You ain't seen nothing til you've been to one of those!
Oh n like some f your pics. You didn't just go for the standard plane portraits.

Thanks. I'm sure we'll go back to Duxford at some point. We certainly didn't see everything but did pretty well considering we were roaming around with a 5 year old.

Lighting in doors, particularly the US hanger was very harsh as it was such a bright day outside. I have another of that shot of the sr71 that is slightly better in lighting terms but the people are in more distracting positions.:)

Back